News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

War Merit Medal from Lippe-Detmold. A total of 1708 were issued (or thereabouts) , but since it is a home front medal it is one of those awards which is actually rarer on the combatant ribbon, like the one shown. Normally i wouldn't set much stock in a loose medal, but in thise case the ribbon is sewn to the medal loop, not passed through it, and the ribbon is ripped in half. It was probably on a medal bar and ripped off :banger: . A total of 459 were issued on the combatant ribbon.

Matthew

227625_454591474596850_467979027_n.jpg

408680_454591447930186_1464079036_n.jpg

PS: sorry for the bad reverse picture. if anyone wants i can try post a better one tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

War Merit Medal from Lippe-Detmold. A total of 1708 were issued (or thereabouts) , but since it is a home front medal it is one of those awards which is actually rarer on the combatant ribbon, like the one shown. Normally i wouldn't set much stock in a loose medal, but in thise case the ribbon is sewn to the medal loop, not passed through it, and the ribbon is ripped in half. It was probably on a medal bar and ripped off :banger: . A total of 459 were issued on the combatant ribbon.

Matthew

PS: sorry for the bad reverse picture. if anyone wants i can try post a better one tomorrow.

Correct figures...I can show you even the increase....women style combatant ribbon...around 50 women awarded this decoration, mostly working as nurses in a lazareth.

...ready for an unknown rarity?

It looks ugly, but it is ultra-rare...war merit cross Lippe-Detmool in zinc (only around 50 crosses out of 21.000 crosses in total were produced in zinc)...

Roman

• 1 month later...

Here my rarities:

Bavarian long-service-bars (mini's!) from left to right 3rd class, 2nd class, 1st class and landwehr

Hello Westfale,

that miniatures are very nice. This DA's have the form like the badges before 1913.

I have never seen this kind of miniatures on pictures, are they all silver marked ?

Hey Westfale, just how scarce are the long service pendants? I have one on a bar, but that's the only mounted one I've ever seen.

HI VtwinVice,

Me too - I have seen some others in a german forum where someone asked bout them, and there were seen also a "normal" one of the landwehr. During all the time I am interested in such bars there were only a few seen in catalogues like thies etc., but mot in real - so I think they are scare!

Hello Westfale,

that miniatures are very nice. This DA's have the form like the badges before 1913.

I have never seen this kind of miniatures on pictures, are they all silver marked ?

Hi spolei,

yes, thea are all silver marked; two with "900" and the one with the other silver-stamps with "800". the last one - landwehr - must be made after 1888, which was the first year of marking silver with moon and crown! And yes, they are the miniatures of the badges worn before 1913 - thanks for like them, too!

westfale

• 7 months later...

Nice ones Pinpon! Here's a couple of mine (shown recently).

Second Medal: Oldenburg 1907 Red Cross Medal (award number unknown, but definitely rare)

Third Medal: Schwarzburg Anna-Luisen Verdienstzeichen (215 awards)

1463537_580782275311102_50739534_n.jpg

Edited by redeagleorder

Nice ones Pinpon! Here's a couple of mine (shown recently).

Second Medal: Oldenburg 1907 Red Cross Medal (award number unknown, but definitely rare)

Third Medal: Schwarzburg Anna-Luisen Verdienstzeichen (215 awards)

1463537_580782275311102_50739534_n.jpg

VERY very nice !!!! :love:

The Oldenburg's medal !!!! :love: :love: :love:

• 2 weeks later...