News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order of 9 September 1944

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 180
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

WONDERFUL !!!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

That covers everything! :cheers:

It is unfortunate that these were not serial numbered like Soviet decorations-- presumably the Ukaz each were for many many awards...

We are lucky to see ANY one of these awards so:

You have ALL of them, all the classes, all the types. Compared to each other, how scarce or common would you say 3rd Classes, 2nd classes, and 1st classes are to each other (50 3rd class for every 2nd class seen, or .... ?) and of the five types

1st type with initials: rarest of all types?

Then.... ?

It seems as if the 4th type should be the most common, since it was awarded over ? 20 years or so. Then next most common, the 3rd type (1950s-60s)? Are the 5th type as scarce as the 2nd type since they were only awarded for ? 5 years or so?

It is wonderful to see ALL these different varieties explained.

Magnificent! :cheers:

The most rarest types of course is 1 and 2. But nobody knows is first type with initials ever awarded!

Then goes 3 type. 4 and 5 types is not rare awards, because a lot of non awarded items exists.

What consern rarest classes. Of course on first plase goes 1 classes (for the 1, 2 and 3 types), there are more rare then 2 and 3......For example 1 class of 1 type is ultra-ultra rare item. But in 4 and 5 types all classes is absolutely common awards, because as i said of a big amount of non awarded items.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

And show us the rest of that set-- it makes a very interesting CLASS distinction with the 2d Class that Bolgarin has showed us :cheers: to Engineer Major Miail Georgiev Sakelarov who was MINISTER FOR ELECTRIFICATION.

Guest Rick Research

Hey-- aren't those Epson scanners amazing? :rolleyes:

3rd Class number 334 on 8 November 1946 to Nikola Aleksiev Bogdanov, Editor of the "b." (?) 'Labor' ('Trud').

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently received an interesting sub-variation of this order that seems to fall between the type 3 and type 4. It doesn't have the screw-back like a type 3 but it doesn't have a smooth back like a type 4! There's a small indentation mark/circle in the center of the reverse!

Here's another variation I have found. Type 2 Screw-Back Order (Third Class with Swords). Instead of the mint mark appearing on the reverse of the star tip it is centered directly below the screw post.

Up close and personal:

Very interesting item....... :cheers:

My opinion that this little circle?mark?is?some?kind?technologikal?mark?which?were?made?on some orders on?the Sofia Mint.....

Edited by bolgarin