News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen.... I sincerely beg your patience. :blush: I have posted this bar twice before but I just have to do it again as it by far my favorite piece. :love: It is a Rothe silver Henry awarded for the 1866 unpleasantness. Only 261 awarded.

Thank you .... I feel better now!!! :D

Rod

Edited by Rod

Guest Rick Research

".. from the 'Good Ricky' "

No no no. HE's the Evil Ricky. I'M the Good Ricky. He was Bad even in the Good Old Days. :catjava:

Thanks Rod, I was hoping to coax that one out of the woodwork.... The only Rothe 1870 medal I've seen. I suspect at least one other here in the hands of a member but I will not blow his cover ;>)

:unsure: How about post #31? :rolleyes:

Edited by Wild Card

I remember when a good portion of your collection went up for sale. I was caught off guard that friday morning with no "war chest" of funds to back me up......I swore after that day, I would never let that happen again!

Gentlemen,

When the St. Henry shown above was delivered, the medal shown below inadvertently came with it. Because it might be considered :off topic:, I hesitated posting it but since there is a connection which I will explain, let?s take a closer look.

Taking a quick glance at one of these medals, one could mistake it for a St. Henry medal: but, of course, the date under the bust tells us not so. What we have here is the silver medal to the Civil Merit Order, 1826 - 1876 model. The St. Henry connection is, as I understand it, that this medal could be awarded in cases which did not quite merit the St. Henry medal. Of a total of 780 medals awarded, two were awarded for military merit in 1866 and sixty-nine for 1870-71.