News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Super Grampa! The Beamter Who Wasn't/Wounded Noncombatant 4 War Veteran

This thread is better than reading a good book! Its development is great! The conclusion is awesome!

I humbly bow to your knowledge, efforts and teamwork! A true pleasure to read!

cheers.gifbeer.gif

That must have been a trip to the front. According to a recent book on "war tourism 1914-18" I looked into, there was a real tourism to the front going on among rear area officials, especially for members of the General Staff.

• 6 years later...

Hi to all and Hi Rick... hope you are looking down to us.

I can confirm, that the person of that pic is RR Fritz Zingler. I could get a jubilee photo of him a few years ago with his

signature on the back. It was taken in 1915 - and shows his medal bar without the wound badge.

Now i got Ricks photo from the shop of S.Wöschler so i have 2 pics of him.

I think it is in good hands.

I have never seen a non combatant with an wound badge. It is an absolutely rare pic.

Yes - here we are.

It was a jubilee photo because of his 50 years service 1865 - 1915

Seems that he got the non combatant one early - the most of them were awarded post war

zähringer54.jpg

Edited by ixhs

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...