News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

heres one of my favorite bars!

Non combat ek2 with repeat bar & 25 yr oakleaf

Prussian red eagle 4th cl

Prussian crown order /Red cross device

Prussian reserve off. 20 yr cross

1870 campaign medal for combattants W/bars beaugency-cravent,Orleans,Loigny-poupry,Sedan

1866 campaign (noncombattant ribbon)

1895 kaiser medal

red wool backing in box

There has to be a way to find out whos bar this is but have no idea were to reserch it?????

I guessing a field surgeon ? but was told 20 yrs ago + it was out of a house belonging to a long line of military police I had come with a 3rd reich 8 yr police medal in box but sold that off along time ago!

what do you guy think police ?? doctor medic?????

• Replies 55
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we see a close up of theEK2, oak and 1914 repitition bar please. I'd say a Dr's bar is most likely.

Edited by dond

The 1877 Ordensliste (which I don't have) has a list of all 1870 EK2 awardees. The NK EK2 was awarded about 5000 times. The Ordensliste also lists ROA and KO awardees. So in theory it would be possible to finf the guy, BUT it would take a very, very long time!

The FINEST noncom bar I have ever seen-note the red cross crown order.

I thought there was a list of those too.

I believe that is the first issue "combat ribbon" on the 1870 campaign medal too.

By the bars we can narrow down the units as well.

Edited by Ulsterman

I think we can use that 1914 spange as a benchmark piece with which to compare others. A great bar. Thanks for showing. If you ever tire of it I'm sure it will find a nice home quickly.

The 1877 Ordensliste (which I don't have) has a list of all 1870 EK2 awardees. The NK EK2 was awarded about 5000 times. The Ordensliste also lists ROA and KO awardees. So in theory it would be possible to finf the guy, BUT it would take a very, very long time!

Hm, "only" 1787 awarded KO4 with the red cross (1872-1874). So it may be not a very, very long time, but a very long time :rolleyes:

May be Geiles Register of the rare orders in the Ordensalmanach 1904/5 is of any use (I don?t have it, so I do not know, if the KO4 with the red cross is rare enough to be mentioned)

Best regards, Komtur.