News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MOH for sale

Pete A

Well worth incurring the wrath of Federal authorities to purchase through a European conglomerate and stash in The Cayman Islands to only be visited on Tuesdays and Thursdays.........

Of course I have no such ability, just a thought......

Wouldn't that be the highlight of a US medal collectors display. But because of our stupid laws, he has to live outside the US or continue to dream. Instead this medal will have ro reside in the collection of a citizen of some other country, probably not as honored as it would be back "home".

Maybe we can get England or Germany to enact laws making it illegal to purchase their countries highest awards. You know level the playing field as they say. :rolleyes:

Chuck

Something isn't right here of all the pictures of early MOH's I've seen I have never seen this type of set up of three rings suspending the medal to the eagle/cannon it has been just one ring. Plus unless it's a really bad picture the detail of the "star" isn't all that great. Do we have here an early copy? I can forgive the ribbon being wrong and a possible replacement but I am just not sure of this one.

If those of you who have "Call of Duty" and "A Shower of Stars" you will see what I mean.

Edited by coastie

I had thought that was the repair referred to in the item description?

As a footnote: The misguided and misbegotten effort to extend the ban on buying, selling, owning, and collecting US medals has now been introduced into both houses of Congress and deluded patriots now shove it forward under the how-can-you-vote-against-this name of "The Stolen Valor Act", claimining merely to prevent pitiful Walter Mittys from passing themselves off as holders of a Good Conduct Medal. Discussed at length on the OMSA site: http://www.omsa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=373

I looked at it before it sold. One thing I found surprising was the rather poor detail. But that could of course be natural. Other than that it looked naturly worn with nice patina. The engraving on the back was very eleborate but rather shallow. The repaired wing was very professionaly done, only noticable from the back. An other thing that struck me was that it was very heavy.

I might also mention that this is the first MOH I have ever seen. Perhaps not surprisingly when I collect soviet and swedish militaria...

Sorry no pics.

/Kim