News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice item, interesting that he was a combatant in 1870, but a non-com in Africa.

....of course - that was 35 years later :rolleyes:

But in my eyes this bar is more interesting than it looks like..... of course, he was a combattant in 1870 ( maybe a man from W?rttemberg....) and for that he got the 1897 medal too.

But what did a man at the age of about 55 to get a DSWA-noncom-medal and nothing else??? Of course he was no long service soldier....and I don`t think he was a doctor..... so there are not many possibilities left....

1. .....he got some civil orders over the years and the DSWA-medal is the only one that is still on the bar because the others have moved up to his neck....

or..............and that is even better

2. ....... he had some kind of business that was needed for this campaign in africa !!!

Maybe he was ............... Hans Georg Oakley and he produced the worlds greatest sunglasses... :D:P:wacky:

Sometimes small bars are cool!!!