News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cuban Military Academies and Schools

Taz

Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR)

Academia de las FAR "General M?ximo G?mez" (General M?ximo G?mez Higher Academy of the Armed Forces) Founded on the 3rd July 1963

Director: General de Brigada Urbelino Betancourt Cruces.

Colegio de Defensa Nacional (National Defense College)

(with seat in the Academy of the General Officers' Club of Revolutionary Armed Forces Maximum Gomez, in the east of Havana)

Director: General Reinaldo G?mez Cuevas.

Academia Naval Granma (Granma Naval Academy)

Incorporated 1977-1978

Escuela Interarmas de las FAR "General Antonio Maceo" (General Antonio Maceo Military Academy)

Founded in February 1963

Instituto T?cnico Militar "Jos? Mart?" (Jos? Mart? Technical Military Institute)

Existing until the course of 1975-1976

Escuela de Artilleria de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias "Comandante Camilo Cienfuegos" (Comandante Camilo Cienfuegos Armed Forces' Artillery School)

Incorperated 1977-1978

Instituto Superior de Medicina Militar "Dr. Luis D?az Soto" (Dr. Luis D?az Soto Higher Institute of Military Medicine)

Founded October 1980

Escuela Interarmas de las FAR "General Jos? Maceo" (General Jos? Maceo Military School)

Founded on the 15th September1980

Escuela Militar Superior "Cdte. Arides Est?vez S?nchez" (Aristides Est?vez S?nchez Police Academy)

Incorperated 1984-1985

Escuela Nacional de Tropas Especiales Baragu? (National School of Baragu? Special Troops)

Incorperated in the 1980's

Ministry of Interior (MININT)

Instituto Superior del MININT "Hermanos Mart?nez Tamayo" (Hermanos Mart?nez Tamayo Higher Institute: Ministry of the Interior)

Incorperated 1978-1979

Deactivated

Escuela de Comunicaciones y Tropas Quimicas "General Carlos Roloff" ("General Carlos Roloff" School of Communications and Chemical Troops) (1982-1993)

Escuela Militar de Pilotos de Aviacion "Ernesto Che Guevara" ("Ernesto Che Guevara" Air Force Pilots School) (1985-1993)

OK, that begats the big question! Do we see a different badge for each school as per Soviet style... or are all schools issued the badge shown by Taz? The example is the only style I have seen thus far.

We know that at least Polish, Bulgarian and Hungarian Republics used a different badge for each school....

OK, that begats the big question! Do we see a different badge for each school as per Soviet style... or are all schools issued the badge shown by Taz? The example is the only style I have seen thus far.

We know that at least Polish, Bulgarian and Hungarian Republics used a different badge for each school....

And Mongolia has a horde of badges.

That is of course the big question.

Sorry that I can't offer more information at the moment.

Ages ago now, i'm fairly sure I saw a dark blue emamelled Cuban Academy badge. If this is the case, I'm certain the system would be based on the Soviet one.

So possibly the above badge (seen in an earlier Cuban thread), a blue enamelled Junior Officer version and a white enamelled one for Military Academies, with the rank of Major and above?

Remains to be seen, not really worth too much speculation at this realatively early stage of Cuban research.

The badges in wear are too small to identify, I suspect they are Soviet academy Badges

Regards Eddie.

Edited by Taz

• 1 year later...
    • 9 years later...