News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MAJOR NEW FIND! - REICHSARBEITSDIENST DIENSTALTERSLISTEN 1938/1940

Finally got it! The Dienstaltersliste 1938 of the RAD/Reichsarbeitsdienst. Apparently totally neglected and never published. It comes in 4 volumes, first one Generalarbeitsführer (Generalmajor equivalent) down to Arbeitsführer (equivalent Major):

File5646a.jpg

Edited by webr55

• Replies 129
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the most interesting volume, I think. It contains the names (with first names), assignments and seniorities of many WW1 officers who are otherwise totally invisible during the Third Reich.

File5647a.jpg

Edited by webr55

I couldn't get Volume 3 (Oberfeldmeister), but I have Volume 4 (Feldmeister = Leutnant-equivalent) for 1940, with handwritten additions until 1943.

File5650a.jpg

Edited by webr55

But for the identification of bars, Volume 1 will be the most important one by far. This is the way it is laid out - and by coincidence :rolleyes: , this is a page Rick has been waiting for a long time...

File5648b.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for these for over 30 years !!!

And for Baron Rechneberg (1883-1944), in particular--

many thanks! cheers.gif

MUST COPY MUST COPY MUST COPY MUST COPY MUST COPY MUST COPY

Guest Rick Research

For those of you with the Ernestine Rolls book---

ADD the RAD rank and position for Moritz Frhr v Gall to his EH3aX from Coburg entry.

Rosencrantz was probably one of the two officers (with no 1st names) who received an HOH3X, and presumably J?gerhuber was the Olt aD from IR 97 who, as "Jaegerhuber" also got an HOH3X.

Masses and masses of excitin' data to add and add and ADD and.... :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Guest Rick Research

I know what you are thinking: our Siamese twin ribbon bars, separated by eBay---

and I am thinking.... NOW we're going to FIND YOU!!!!!!

Well, our shared Super Hero is NOT in the above. I did find one WW2 Admiral (Busse), 1 WW2 General (Henrici) and a Pour le Merite winner (von Wenckstern), but not our overly decorated WW1 staff officer.

Yet....

Guest Rick Research

I have now typed up, alphabetically sorted, and added all that I CAN add to ALL the Oberarbeitsf?hrer and up officers. Noooooooo Super Hero.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Arbeitsf?hrers left to do (I am a glutton for typing punishment, at least with Never Before Dreamed Of Sources)... if he's not in there, there goes my Double Blank Long Services theory!

Guest Rick Research

Nope. May be barking up the wrong tree--though my sleepwalking surmises are usually close to the bull's eye generally after a zillion years of doing this. It's like history is toying with me just for the sake of keeping me awake at 3 AM.

Typing through the Arbeitsf?hrers... I've already found a Saxon St. Henry knight who was a wartime Major and yet 20 years later was an R.A.D. Arbeitsf?hrer... so ALL hope is not yet lost. Super Hero--assuming the Xs are indeed correctly colored was also a WW1 Major.

Actually SEEING R.A.D. officers listed, it is becoming clear that although they wore military style uniforms with military style rank INSIGNIA, their actual FUNCTION (as in the poor guys never got promoted, at all, ever) suggests more of a "civil service" equivalence in actual practice. I had always thought of them as a much more military structure, but that seems not to have been the case. "Rank" went with their JOB... and STAYED with their job--and they STAYED in their job!

Actually SEEING R.A.D. officers listed, it is becoming clear that although they wore military style uniforms with military style rank INSIGNIA, their actual FUNCTION (as in the poor guys never got promoted, at all, ever) suggests more of a "civil service" equivalence in actual practice. I had always thought of them as a much more military structure, but that seems not to have been the case. "Rank" went with their JOB... and STAYED with their job--and they STAYED in their job!

Hi,

This is an interesting revelation to me as well. I was always under the impression these guys were structured and promoted along the same lines as the wehrmacht. Especially considering some units fought in combat and some members earned the RK of the EK.

Sam

Oh I know-but I got the picture of the old Prussian officer from Stogieman and the St. Henry reference jogged my memory. Sort of an inside Stogie-reference.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

Ha. Se?or Mustachios is

tadddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Botho von Pressentin genannt von Rautter, Jr. Major aD from J?ger Bn 5. Son of "bekannter Jagdschriftsteller" Rittmeister aD Botho vP gen vR, Sr (1840-1912) as

Arbeitsgauf?hrer VIII (Niedersachsen-Ost). Oberstarbeitsf?hrer 20.04.37 #1.

:rolleyes:

No, it's NOT demonic possession...

it's having access to Arcane & Diabolically Obscure SOURCES. :catjava: