News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MAJOR NEW FIND! - REICHSARBEITSDIENST DIENSTALTERSLISTEN 1938/1940

• Replies 129
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And from one of the party rallies... Hierl to the left, but the others? The one to the right seems to have a Navy WB.

Hierl_mit_anderen_RAD_3.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

That is also Tholens with the naval wound badge in the first photo, wearing his ?. News to me that he had the SW Africa Medal in steel! :cheers:

Between him and Hierl, glancing at the photographer is Curt Wilhelm Loeffelholz von Colberg-- identifiable from his Johanniter and the Italian Crown Order-Knight last on his bar. The others are a washed out blur, but it looks like an MK2 and OK2 almost at the end of his bar-- and an OK1. All new, since he's not on ANY of our Rolls!

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Thanks Robert! :cheers: That illustrates very well how difficult it is without a name to identify a person such as this Very Bad Naughty Bavarian cavalry Major aD who is NOT wearing his ribbon bar !!!!!!!!!! :banger:

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Thanks Robert! Never seen him with his ribbon bars like that before, and this helps date when DOUBLE long service awards (I have never seen RGB authorization for that) were being worn. :cheers:

Chris' and my mutual STILL unidentified RAD Super Hero with the two rows of ribbons MUST be somebody at that level too. :banger:

However, today's find makes me happy, knowing as we now do exactly how many of these guys there were:

This will look very nice with my Bavarian RAD officer's awards and Arbeitsf?hrer boards. :jumping:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it! The Dienstaltersliste 1938 of the RAD/Reichsarbeitsdienst. Apparently totally neglected and never published. It comes in 4 volumes, first one Generalarbeitsf?hrer (Generalmajor equivalent) down to Arbeitsf?hrer (equivalent Major):

I was hoping you might be able to answer a couple questions for me.

I have what I assume is just a portion (probably the index) of the list you've found. If/when you have the time could you confirm that for me?

Also - you said that the 4 volume Dienstaltersliste you have was never published. Is this a copy you've been able to access at an archive somewhere? ...and if so where?

Here are the first 2 pages of the list index I have. I pulled them from microfilm at the National Archives.

Thanks in advance.

1939listtitlepagebt7.jpg

1939listpg1vn0.jpg

Guest Rick Research

That's for the SS, not the RAD.

I've never seen that edition before. :cheers:

Chris found original copies from his home territory. Amazing what is still uncatalogued in forgotten basements. :jumping:

That's for the SS, not the RAD.

I've never seen that edition before. :cheers:

Chris found original copies from his home territory. Amazing what is still uncatalogued in forgotten basements. :jumping:

Thanks Rick. I should've paid closer attention to the title.

The Dienstalterslisten portion was what caught my eye.

I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

In any event - if anyone does know where I could locate the remainder of this 38/39 SS Officers list I'd be really interested in hearing about it.

Edited by Ludwig

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Looks like it starts with a "K" to me. ?K/B/Ri?o/e/a/sluc?h/k.

No match from the 1938 (Arbeitsf?hrers up) so he must have been a fresh promotion to that rank, maybe when the tunic was tailored.

I don't know if anything after/below Arbeitsf?hrers from 1938 has been scanned yet. I've just typed out the 1938 down to them, since my interest is "invisible" WW1 survivors and not fresh young Nazi punks. :catjava::P

The clear "luc" should be enough to computer "search" on once transcriptions are done.

That, of course, is the problem. Sooooooooo much work, so few Research Gnomes. :rolleyes:

Oh well, back to Mecklenburg-Strelitz's 1918 award rolls.....

I agree it's probably Kieluch --- but rats! Can't find him among the Arbeitsf?hrer, nor among the Oberstfeldmeister (Hauptmann rank) or the Feldmeister (Leutnant). It SEEMS that he might have been an Oberfeldmeister (Oberleutnant rank) in 1938, though that would have been a quick promotion, two ranks up to Arbeitsf?hrer in 4 years. Promotions seemed to have been rather slow in the RAD.

So the problem is: The Oberfeldmeister volume (vol. 3 of the list) is the only one I have NOT been able to obtain... :speechless::banger:

thanks for looking guys,ill keep searching!!Rick i might have one for your files,its for Max Hoffer,a WW1 vet, SA man then 8 year RAD man ending as a oberstfeldmeister.i have some documents and research on him,he had a very interesting carreer IMHO.ill send you what i have on him if you are interested.

Edited by Yancy Irwin

• 9 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

That may be Walter Bethmann on staff of Arbeitsgau IV, but the wretched man has left off what would clearly have been an interesting and informative ribbon bar. His boss had the Pour le Merite and there were no other "field grade" officers in IV as of 1938. Notice in the group photo with Mercedes staff car he's weirdly reversed the sports badge over his Iron Cross.

The guy with the SS buckle is astonishingly weird!!!! :speechless1::speechless1: :speechless1: