News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Awards

• Replies 270
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yugoslavian GMIC-Section

Gentlemen,

our Chairman Nick wrote me today, that he will look into it.

So, let's hope :D .

Some statistics:

Including my "YU-shot down F-117 A"-thread we have right now at GMIC 312 YU-related postings with 4.055 views.

Gentlemen, that's a quite hughe number and the demand for YU-Awards (still very, very moderate prices!) is growing.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Interesting idea, cross fingers, . . . .

:rolleyes:

Dear Ed,

congratulations to your 7.000 postings :beer::jumping::jumping:

You started the YU-thread - many thanks :cheers: .

Please could you help us with promoting our wish for a own YU-section at the staff.

Many thanks in advance :love: .

Best regards

Christian

Dear Ivan,

fantastic piece in an icredible beautyful presentation box :beer: .

How much did you pay for the order?

Christian

BTW: Could you give us a small overview about the market & price situation for YU-Awards now in Belgrade - many thanks in advance :cheers: .

It was my Grandfather's, so I like it even more than I would otherwise :)

A hughe, heavy and well made YU-Order

Dear Dan,

if you are really looking for big & heavy stuff (vertical pin for 100 % !), then look out for the "Order of Yugoslavian People's Army" 3cl or 2cl.

On my scan you can see, how big these two beasts really are in comparison to a "Partisan Star": http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=157108 .

For the gold plated 2nd class it is important to look for a genuine silver example - it's simply heavier ;) .

Among the more common YU-Orders I regard the "People's Army" - beside the "Partisan Star" as the most beautiful and most classic design. Just look at the 3 dudes at center: They really look heavy - specially the guy with the massive hammer ;) .

The golden 2nd class has been confered only 9.137 times and the silver 3rd class 45.384 times. So, these are rather moderate numbers.

Prices & market situation in the USA:

One year ago a 2nd class sold at e-bay for USD 158,-.

Some time ago the great dealer Alexei http://pw1.netcom.com/~merezhko/militaria.html sold a boxed 3rd class for USD 65,- and a boxed 2nd class USD 120,-. These are the scans of the two "People's Army" Alexei sold:

"People's Army" seems to be a little bit rare now :( .

Maybe contact our "Orden Master" Milan for getting the items for a rather moderate price.

Christian

BTW: Igor asks USD 25,- for a Labour-3cl-Mini: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=3816 .

Hi Christian,

Many thanks for all this great info, and the pics as well. The Peoples Army Orders are definitely on my list as they're some of the ones that I definitely like. :jumping::jumping:

And yes, they sure do look BIG! :speechless1:

Dan :cheers:

It was my Grandfather's, so I like it even more than I would otherwise :)

Dear Ivan,

is it the same grandfather, who had been a comrade to my grand uncle Josef Gradl in the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War :unsure: ?

As I already told you, Josef Gradl had been rescued from the Nazis by Yugoslavian Partisans in WW II :D .

Christian

Austrian Communist Josef Gradl (in the middle) in 1939:

Hi all,

Well, it seems the French now have their own section... so I second Soviet:

Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section, Yugoslavian section ...

:P

Dear Ivan,

is it the same grandfather, who had been a comrade to my grand uncle Josef Gradl in the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War :unsure: ?

As I already told you, Josef Gradl had been rescued from the Nazis by Yugoslavian Partisans in WW II :D .

Christian

Yes thats him.

Here's a photo of him during his days as a Partisan, he was a Polit-Commisar during WWII, with General Veljko Kovacevic who also fought in spain. Btw. My Grandfather is the one on the left.

Oh and if anyone's interested here is a whole list of his awards:

Order of the Yugoslav Flag 1st class

Order of the Republic 1st class

Order of Brotherhood and Unity 1st class

Order of Bravery

Order of Merit for the People 1st and 2nd class

Order of the Partisan Star 1st class

Partisan Spomenica

He also received the following foreign awards:

Order of St. Sylvester 1st class (Vatican)

Order of Merit for the Republic 1st class (Italy)

Order of the Southern Cross 1st class (Brazil)

Order of Liberation 2nd class (Spain, republican government in exile)

Ivan

Edited by Piramida

Dear Ivan,

your grandfather got really the full range of 1st classes :D .

You still keep all his awards :unsure: ?

Would it be possible, that you start a new thread showing us your grandfather's orders :love: .

My daughters grand-grand aunt got only the two "Orden Rada" for long service in journalism :( , but as a member of the high aristocracy (countess Boreli from Zadar), she had not been soooooo convinced from Communism ;) .

My grand uncle Josef "Sepp" Gradl worked - as a top-communist - from 1945 to 1955 in key positions of the Austrian police. After the Soviet Army left Austria, they kicked him out :angry: and he never got any awards from the Austrian Republic :mad: .

Christian

Should we open a poll about the Yugoslavian section?! :D

I'm for it, but it should sound obvious. :P

Oh, and by the way, new rules for new rooms: it will be a bilingual section, both English and Serbian/Croatian admitted... lol, kidding! ;)

Filip

VERY COOL! :cool: First thing I see when I get on is that we have a new section!!!! :jumping::jumping:

See... all ya'll needed was for me to join up and everything fell into place! :rolleyes::cheeky:

So happy to see that our collective wish has finally been granted! Thank you Nick!!!! Your da man!!!! :beer:

And now... who is going to be "Fearless Leader"? :lol:

Guest Rick Research

I'm going to shut this one off at this point ONLY because after 14 pages :cheers: it has grown out of viewing and subject focus control, and so many of these are worthy of their OWN specific threads.

Please CONTINUE with NEW and focussed threads, just as our old original all-in-one-topics have grown and grown and grown into new sub FORUM sections of their own.

Great contributions-- keep 'em coming! :beer: