News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Awards

• Replies 270
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my Partisan Star 2nd Class:

Very nice Rusty! :love:

Wish I had won this auction. :o

Your Yugoslavian collection is growing rapidly! What's your secret. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your wonderfull awards.

Edited by Soviet

Bryan,

Thanks! I actually love these Yugoslavian awards almost as much as I do my Soviet ones!

There is no secret. I've spent considerable time sifting through the Internet and found a few contacts. So far I have promises and I'll keep my eye out for you but that's better than nothing!

Did you contact the guy about the Partisan Star 2? I bought Military Merit 1st class from him. Should be here in a week or so... We'll see...

Rusty.

Hi All,

Supposedly this is a rare one :

Royal Yugoslav Commemorative War Cross - Originally instituted on 6 September 1943 (the King's birthday) by King Peter II in exile for award to those who had fought against the Germans in Yugoslavia and to those that had rendered distinguished services to the king during his exile in Britain. The obverse bears the head of the king whereas the reverse shows General Mihailovitch. Production and actual awards of this decoration only took place after the war had ended.

[attachmentid=18371] [attachmentid=18370]

... and here's the Partisans' Commemorative Medal 1941 - Instituted on 14 September 1944 for award to those actively involved in partisan or political units between 1941 and the end of WW2. By the end of its awarding period (end 1963) 27,629 medals had been awarded.

[attachmentid=18373]

... and here's the Partisans' Commemorative Medal 1941 - Instituted on 14 September 1944 for award to those actively involved in partisan or political units between 1941 and the end of WW2. By the end of its awarding period (end 1963) 27,629 medals had been awarded.

[attachmentid=18373]

Is it a pinback or screwback?

What's the S/N on it?

Thanks!

Rusty.

Hi All,

Supposedly this is a rare one :

Royal Yugoslav Commemorative War Cross - Originally instituted on 6 September 1943 (the King's birthday) by King Peter II in exile for award to those who had fought against the Germans in Yugoslavia and to those that had rendered distinguished services to the king during his exile in Britain. The obverse bears the head of the king whereas the reverse shows General Mihailovitch. Production and actual awards of this decoration only took place after the war had ended.

[attachmentid=18371] [attachmentid=18370]

As I recall, this was being "awarded" by the royal "government" in exile in the late 1960s to any veteran of any nation who had served in the European Theatre, just so long as your money order was good. Kind of a "fringe" award?

Pretty though?

Is it a pinback or screwback?

What's the S/N on it?

Hello Rusty,

A pinback of some sorts as you can see from the picture ... S/N reads 26682 and there's some other mark there as well (manufacturer's ?).

[attachmentid=18460] [attachmentid=18461]

As I recall, this was being "awarded" by the royal "government" in exile in the late 1960s to any veteran of any nation who had served in the European Theatre, just so long as your money order was good. Kind of a "fringe" award?

Hello Ed,

I've heard that before and it's not unlikely I suppose ... I recall that within 48 hours of having the medal on my website, quite a few e-mails came in, asking me if the item was for sale (it still isn't) so I'm assuming it's not all that common an award.

Hello Rusty,

A pinback of some sorts as you can see from the picture ... S/N reads 26682 and there's some other mark there as well (manufacturer's ?).

Hendrik,

You have the type 2 of the order. The little marks are the silver content stamps.

I believe both versions were made from silver unlike some orders that were made from silver and later out of other metal.

Rusty.

Hello Ed,

I've heard that before and it's not unlikely I suppose ... I recall that within 48 hours of having the medal on my website, quite a few e-mails came in, asking me if the item was for sale (it still isn't) so I'm assuming it's not all that common an award.

A friend of mine in college (oops, did I just date myself) got one "awarded" to his father. The certificate wa spretty too. Think it was written up in the JOMSA at the time. Shall look.

Hendrik,

It appears that there are 3 types of this badge.

Screwback

Horizontal pinback revorked from the screwback

Late pinback

You have the last type.

Rusty,

Thanks for that info but, as a result (and no doubt you saw this one coming :P ), I need to rephrase my earlier question into : when approximately did the changeover from type 2 to type 3 occur ?

Hendrik