News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Belgian police medal?s set

Hello Miguel,

Indeed a neat display ! OK, so the medals aren't mounted in the right order and the last one in the row shouldn't be there as the higher class of the decoration only is supposed to be worn ... it's still a delightful little group and prettily displayed ! :love:

Small error in the title : not a policeman's group but one that belonged to a member of either the "Civil Guard" or the Fire Brigade.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Miguel,

A nice group, which unfortunately seldom survive being broken up. As far as Hendrik's observation that "the last one in the row shouldn't be there as the higher class of the decoration only is supposed to be worn." He's correct, but as with many others, firemen often want to wear everything they have won. I have a similar group, with the same "problem". But he won them, and wore them...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for showing them... and it is a nice display.

FireMedals

Hello Miguel,

Indeed a neat display ! OK, so the medals aren't mounted in the right order and the last one in the row shouldn't be there as the higher class of the decoration only is supposed to be worn ... it's still a delightful little group and prettily displayed ! :love:

Small error in the title : not a policeman's group but one that belonged to a member of either the "Civil Guard" or the Fire Brigade.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hello Hendrik...I?ll leave the bar as he is...But What?s exactly the correct order you think??. I suppouse that the leopold medal mus be in the last place, and the crown orden must go before the Civic decorations??? :blush:

Thanks to all

Miguel

...I?ll leave the bar as he is...

Hello Miguel,

I completely agree, don't touch it : it's how the recipient chose to wear them and as he appreciated them.

The correct order would be : Crown Order medal, Civic Cross, Leopold II Commemorative. The Civic Medal - as it is "superfluous" doesn't have a place in the order of wear but would look best behind the Civic Cross I guess...

Cheers,

Hendrik

Too bad we can't see the back of the medals... I reckon the Leo II commemorative could bee a "1905" (as opposed to a "1909" which wasn't struck untill the 1950's) The bar seems to have an apparent older age to me.

Nice bar, love it!

Too bad we can't see the back of the medals... I reckon the Leo II commemorative could bee a "1905" (as opposed to a "1909" which wasn't struck untill the 1950's) The bar seems to have an apparent older age to me.

Nice bar, love it!

Thanks... :cheers:

This afternoon I?ll open the showcase and made a pic of the medal?s rear

Regards

Miguel

• 5 months later...

It is possible that there will be new medals for members of the Belgian police force.

They are talking about it for years, but from what I have understood is that

there is a study group who has delivered drawings of the new medals

to the belgian home office. The rumour is that home office has agreed

with these proposals.

Hello Miguel,

Indeed a neat display ! OK, so the medals aren't mounted in the right order and the last one in the row shouldn't be there as the higher class of the decoration only is supposed to be worn ... it's still a delightful little group and prettily displayed !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Miguel,

A nice group, which unfortunately seldom survive being broken up. As far as Hendrik's observation that "the last one in the row shouldn't be there as the higher class of the decoration only is supposed to be worn." He's correct, but as with many others, firemen often want to wear everything they have won. I have a similar group, with the same "problem". But he won them, and wore them...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for showing them... and it is a nice display.

FireMedals

My first reaction was the same: the order is wrong and the lower grade medal shouldn't be there.

But, this is a group that is displayed and shouldn't it theirfore not be complete and have all the persons medals in it?

If I should have a complete group and would display it in a frame I would place it in a portable way like it should be and under the bar the rest of his medals (the lower grade medals that should be left home during a taptoo)

Olivier