News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

De-nazified Knights Cross

Perhaps with all the detail shown to pristine cross's de-nazified have perhaps been ignored.

I have two to date with known provenance.

This one awarded to Walter Grabmann on 14 September 1940, then Oberstleutnant, commander, Zerst?rergeschwader 76 Walter Grabmann.

He ended up as a major general.

This one is also unusual as it is made of German silver and as always the process of removing the Nazi symbol appears to have been done with contempt.

Chris

This award is to a Major knoop who was CO of Infantry regiment 377. He earned it for personal bravery in leading his HQ as a mobile reserve when no other forces were available to turn the tide of the battle.

I have been informed that it was de-nazified whilst a POW.

Chris

Chris, was that RK the one on Detlev's site about a month ago?...yes.

I have no problem with butchered items if they come from the man himself...what he did to them is his prerogative...

I admit untouched would be nice but I bought them as denazed items.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting thread. I would agree with Chris... if the pieces were "corrected" by the recipient himself, or his surviving family and you had definitive provenance, I would have no problem (would actually prefer these!) owning a group like this.

I have a photograph of the '57 group of a recipient to a numbered PAB... he displayed the '57 stuff and showed pix of the actual awards very privately to others!