News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting '14 EK1

Thanks bro! 1st piece I've seen in a few years that I didn't already have or have seen. Definitely belongs in the variant category, no?

I'm interested to see what people will say about it. As soon as I can figure out how to resize pics to 65K I should be able to edit and provide better pics os the solder on the catch, etc. but it looks pretty darn period to me.

:banger::banger::banger::banger::banger::banger:

I spoke to the "US only" seller re this one, he said I could bid but I was auto-blocked anyway. Grrrrrrr.....

Eric, looks like I missed out on a very special cross. I like it.

Where have you been for the last few years??!!

Regards

Mike

Eric,

That piece is the quintessential reason behind the hunt for the Imperial's for me. You'll never know what kind of variant you'll stumble upon. Well Done!

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That is a VERY weird attachment system! Presumably the "propellor blades" were inserted into double wide clothing loops, and then the cross itself was slid into the center and turned

BUT :speechless1:

if anything bumped the cross and it rotated... it would fall off all by itself!

:Cat-Scratch: That is a VERY weird attachment system! Presumably the "propellor blades" were inserted into double wide clothing loops, and then the cross itself was slid into the center and turned

BUT :speechless1:

if anything bumped the cross and it rotated... it would fall off all by itself!

One would think so, but the "propeller blade" has quite a bit of tension when on the cross and it DOES take some effort to detach it. Very firm, but yeah--if this cross got snagged on something you could lose the cross--same thing goes for a regular pinback tho.

The icing on the cake was to find the patent mark on the catch!

if there are better pictures of the crown ,,and W,,, and 1914.

we can find the maker ,,,,or compaire it to a ek thats simular

before that there's no reason to have a party,,,,

before that its a fantasy ek.

wy are people alway so quick in jelling ,,its a good one .?????

first reseach the item closely

by good pictures fore one

i dont wanne breack the possitive input off jou all ,,i like to be possitive to .

but,, the front pictures ,,, i do not deare to make enny judgement at all...

OR IS THERE ENNYBODY WHO KNOWS ALWREDDY WITCH MAKER IT IS .

please tell me then

no offence please but,,

in these day's jou have to be carefull before jou say its a good one

i know aim new here ,,but i certanly know 1914 ek's wel....

and never scared to have an uppiniun....

and i lurnd to be verry carefull

hope jou dont take it to badly ,,,my comment is ment wel

regards kay

Edited by kay bunnecke

but that's the beauty of many imperial awards....

the "limit" on variations was a jeweler's

imagination and the ingenuity in joining

them with a uniform.

i have seen a lot of variations.

the more i see, the more o know there

are even more out there.

joe

VERY UNUSUAL

Has anyone ever seen a hole (in a tunic of course) to support such an arrangement? :rolleyes:

Given the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of EK ones we see on the forums.... say this piece is one in a thousand? One in 10 000?

Given the tiny handful of tunics we see....

I would say chances of finding a tunic with the hole are zero, unless you found the tunic and cross together when it came out of the woodwork.

best

Chris

Given the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of EK ones we see on the forums.... say this piece is one in a thousand? One in 10 000?

Given the tiny handful of tunics we see....

I would say chances of finding a tunic with the hole are zero, unless you found the tunic and cross together when it came out of the woodwork.

best

Chris

I can't say its not real and I not suggesting such. It just seems with an attachment like this one another purpose other than a tunic may have been the intension. It could be for a tunic, it could be for a metal plate, it could have been for ...

• 8 years later...

today has been a good day!

am pleased to share this new cross-- it's a very welcome addition to my collection--- especially since it is directly related to one of the rarest iron crosses that i currently own.

the only other example of the "propeller" version i have ever noticed was sold years ago at a notable and highly regarded german auction house for well over 1000 euro (hammer price) if my memory serves correctly

here it is with the cross that started this particular thread:

has anyone figured out the maker of these crosses yet? the crown holds the key to the answer

CIMG0001 (18).JPGCIMG0002 (15).JPGCIMG0004 (13).JPGCIMG0005 (8).JPGCIMG0007 (7).JPGCIMG0012 (3).JPG