News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Zimmermann 'heavy 20' die flaw question, please...

Please, I'd like to ask a question to educate myself on a subject. Did the 'heavy' Zimmermann DK's have the same die flaw on the star burst as the 'light' did? Did the flaw occur while the heavy version was still being produced, lending some of the earlier crosses to be made without the flaw? Or was the flaw always present in the die from the beginning?

Robert

Robert, for those that may not be familiar, I assume you're speaking of the Zimmermann 'light' 10 o'clock star flaw shown here?

Edited by Scott

• 1 month later...

Hello

If memory serves, the die flaw as shown by Scott isn't seen on the earlier Zimmermann 'heavy' DKs. It is encountered on all the 'light' versions and I believe on some the later made 'heavies', indicating that it was something that developed over time.

Hello

I have borrowed Scotts photo and added a line which goes directly to the flaw. This is the small, raised shape to the left side of the high point / ridge. If you look at the other high points, or ridges, the lower, flat areas to the left or right of them are plain and flat. At the point circled by Scott, and where the line now points to, there is a small shaped raised area that shouldn't be there as it is one of the plian, flat areas. This is the so called star burst flaw.