News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Great image but a bit of a surprise how scruffy the section leader is! Cap pushed back, hands in pocket, fag in hand, tunic undone - cricket he could almost be an American! :>)

Mark

Edited by MG1918

Odulf great images......and they are all properly dressed!

Yep, they are non in underwear, but these are all arranged pictures; not in combat.

It is nice that shoulderboards are shown, indicating that all Infantry Regiments had MG-Units.

I am more interested in the orgnisational structures, and not in the mechanical differences of the MG in practice.

• 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...

Here a couple more from my Collection

4.jpg

A nice Shield

DSCI0038-2.jpg

On in a trench

2.jpg

My favorite one - i love the Grabendolch

The man on the Picture is Schütze J. Römermann. He were awartet the EK2 and the black wound badge. He also has the MG Badge.

I nearly has everything from him - just the "Kriegsehrenkreuz der Kriegsfreiwilligen 1914-1918" is missing.

1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Whats that behind the gunners right shoulder in the trench photo if you don't mind me asking?

Eric

Ah zes ze Mk II ersatz coffee filter! 

poor attempt at a joke Eric. 

Strange isn't it? Trench pump, smoke discharger, gas???? Maybe the originator knows.. Good spot!

Mark