News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An interesting WW1 Milit?rpass (Garde Sch?tzen)

Hello,

This is one of my Milit?rpass of a Vizefeldwebel who had fighting in France (and Belgium at the begining) during all the war.

couvfrerkpl2.jpg

frerk000se1.jpg

Before the war, he was Gefreiter (1910) and Oberj?ger (1913). During the war, he was Vizefeldwebel (1916) :

frerk001um5.jpg

He has had the Eiserne Kreuz in 1915. We can see on the 3rd page a summary of his fightings (during 1914-1916) :

frerk002dn4.jpg

The end of this summary :

frerk002bue7.jpg

To be continued...

Stephan

This is the most interesting part of the pass.

frerk003pv1.jpg

He went to hospital for illness (4th line : Wegen Krankheit... Feld Lazaret)

frerk004ah3.jpg

His "travel" during 1914-1916. We can see his Eiserne Kreuz and his promotion to the rank of Wizefeldwebel :

frerk005lz5.jpg

Detail :

frerk005ciy4.jpg

The end of his "travel" after 1916 :

frerk006kn6.jpg

frerk007os0.jpg

He ended the war in a "Feld Rekruten Depot" of the Guard Division n? 1 :

frerk008gm8.jpg

Stephan

And finally, here is the summary of his "travel" (I'm sorry, I've made this board in french but I can translate if you want) :

I've made a correlation between the 3rd page of the pass (10th chapter : Feldz?ge) and the personal notices (pages 8-13 and the add pages in this pass)

parcoursfrerk001kk3.jpg

parcoursfrerk002vv3.jpg

Here is a map wich show differents places where he go in Alsace :

linge011bisfc5.jpg

And some postcards (all posted during the war) from villages in the same land :

vosgesen3rk8.jpg

Another town which is noted in the pass and a german military cemetery near the

Hartmannswillerkopf :

vosgesen4lm7.jpg

This Vizefeldwebel survived the war (I also have his Wehrpass - 1942 but without fightings).

I hope this post will interessed you.

Best regards,

Stephan

Edited by Minen

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was on hollidays during two week near the HWK and I've seen this monument for the Garde Sch?tzen Bataillon in Cernay's (Sennheim) german cemetery, near Mulhouse.

cimetirecernay003biska5.jpg

cimetirecernay011cw8.jpg

cimetirecernay005dw0.jpg

Stephan

Just noticed this wonderful thread; thank you Stephan, and Chris for your excellent additions. I will have to go over it more carefully.

Militaer=Paesse are such a valuable historical tool, potentially much more so if there was some sort of collaboration between major collectors to facilitate sharing of these resources.

I have two Paesse from Garde=Reserve=Pionier=Regiment (Flammenwerfrer) (my father's and a copy of another kindly provided by a collector) and one Pass from Sturm=Bataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr) (from another kind collector-my father also fought with this unit at Verdun with the Flammenwerfer), and each one has revealed very interesting facts about these important and interesting units that probably could not be found in a different manner. (If anyone has a Pass from either of these units I would be very happy to swap other interesting material for a copy.)

I also am building rosters of the men of these two units. My one for S=B Rohr is in an early stage, but my one for the G=R=P=R is at about 1200 men and counting. If anyone is interested in men from these units I would be happy to do a look-up and see if I have more material on them. I have the death rolls of both units.

I also am in early stages of a study of the fighting on HWK; both of the above units had elements fighting there. Have not visited the scene yet. Alsace is lovely.

Thanks again!

Bob Lembke

• 2 weeks later...