News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Other Turkish Awards

Stogieman

Iftihar Madalyasi (Sanay-i Nefise Madalyasi), silver

Named:

Misis

Harding

fi Sanah 1308

26 Ra 1

Awarded to Winifred, Lady Hardinge of Penshurst, C.I., K.i.H. Wife of Charles Hardinge, Baron Hardinge of Penshurst, Viceroy of India 1910-16.

Guest Rick Research

This Osmanie 4th Class is not only on an Austrian trifold ribbon, it was MADE in Austria

[attachmentid=13103][attachmentid=13104]

The Whomping Great Dingus is hollow, which cuts down some of the weight all pulling on the spindly, fragile suspension... but only makes the enamel more vulnerable.

I can just make out that the hallmarks ARE Austrian, not what they are:

[attachmentid=13105]

Guest Rick Research

Anybody who knows me has seen this before-- the medal bar of (eventually) Konteradmiral (V) August B?ning (1891-1964), but since it is the ONLY "live" example of a wartime Medjidie 5th Class with Sabers I have seen posted, here it is again:

[attachmentid=13106]

Lost behind the "supersize" Fashion Statement (from photos, many of the very few 5thX holders bought examples the size of 3rd Class commander grade classes-- but the silver center disk betrays the humble 5th) is an original Turkish issue recycled tunafish can alloy "silver" Liakat Medal (their "EK1" for all its unprepossessing appearance) with a post-1924 German made replacement Sabers bar.

I know it's a post-1924 replacement bar because he was still wearing the long Turkish issue version then:

[attachmentid=13107]

Guest Rick Research

WW1 Silver (real--hallmarked on every single bit) Imtiaz Medal with Sabers Bar, an Austrian base metal wartime "*" hallmarked version, and a Turkish made "Silver" Liakat Medal with issue Sabers Bar (on Bavarian army Luitpold Jubilee "close enough" ribbon):

[attachmentid=13108]

Despite the less than nice pix, this piece went very strong......... I was inhibited from bidding as the piece was in Ankarra...... the postal system there seems to have had some problems recently with pieces to/from the USA.

• 1 month later...

How about some cases? here's a funny furry one!

Greetings from Vienna. What about an Criemea-Type Medjidie Knight in original old shaped Box. The crimea is inside the box. the order shown is a superconvex french medjidie.

haynau

Edited by haynau