News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Other Turkish Awards

Stogieman

Thanks a lot Haynau !

It's good to have a starting point to unravel this mistery.

On closer look the shape of the other medal don't really look like the milit?rverdienstkreuz, the edges not being as gently curved but more abruptly shaped ; that's the best view I can get :

IPB Image

Edited by Djedj

Thanks a lot Haynau !

It's good to have a starting point to unravel this mistery.

On closer look the shape of the other medal don't really look like the milit?rverdienstkreuz, the edges not being as gently curved but more abruptly shaped ; that's the best view I can get :

IPB Image

Djedi, you are absolutely right. i can't be an austrian MVK

haynau

• 1 year later...

Greetings from Vienna. What about an Criemea-Type Medjidie Knight in original old shaped Box. The crimea is inside the box. the order shown is a superconvex french medjidie.

haynau

hello all,

I know that this is an old thread but what a beautiful Turkish awards!!!! I am realy astonished!!!!! :speechless1:

I would like to know if could be possible to see a close front image of this awards??? I took the liberty to copy the image of haynau medals to show about what I am talking about.

thanks in advance!!!

• 1 month later...

I took this photo while I was at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul back in Aug 2005. I was initially interested in the seven(!) Orders of Lenin for sale, but have since been trying to discern the other awards as well. I now recognize three Orders of the Medjidie (5th class?), One Medjidie Grand Cross, and an Order of Osmanie at the bottom. Can anyone shed some light on the others - esp. the two green/red ones to the left of the Grand Cross? Any information/insight would be most helpful.

-Dave

Hello Dave and welcome to the forum :)

Are we seeing the whole picture?

I can spot a Polish order, an Austrian Franz Josef order and the ribbon of a Third Reich Motherhood cross.

/Mike

Edited by Great Dane

I took this photo while I was at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul back in Aug 2005. I was initially interested in the seven(!) Orders of Lenin for sale, but have since been trying to discern the other awards as well. I now recognize three Orders of the Medjidie (5th class?), One Medjidie Grand Cross, and an Order of Osmanie at the bottom. Can anyone shed some light on the others - esp. the two green/red ones to the left of the Grand Cross? Any information/insight would be most helpful.

-Dave

Guest Rick Research

What an odd assortment indeed! The one immediately above is a French Order of Agricultural Merit, two Italian Orders of the Crown of Italy lying on top of each other (Commander and Officer/Knight class), and a Swedish Polar Star Order.

The Osmanie had all the enamel chipped out of its arms. :(

I suggest you RE post scan #62 over in Southeast Asian/Middle Eastern for Ed Haynes. Arabic on both, and the leftmost one is either something quite lovely and obscure or a fantasy piece-- western style crown and all.

Guest Rick Research

Well now you've got a couple of Serbian Orders of Saint Sava and a Pahlevi Iranian Wuzzit.

These being sold by the pound like fish? What a weird way to "display" things tossed in heaps.

Very NICE heaps, and heaps that would be less chipped and damaged with a little TLC, but still HEAPS!

Yeah, it was kind of weird - you're walking thru this crowded bazaar with all kinds of cheap knicknacks, then all of a sudden I come across this store with heap of medals/orders all crowded into the window. The only thing I really got good pictures of were the Orders of Lenin - all appeared genuine, and he was *asking* $850USD for them (initial offer - could've probably got him down to $650-700). Had no idea about any of the others - except for the German Motherhood cross, an Iron Cross 1st cl. and a French Legion d'Honneur. If there's some way I can post the whole photo (about 513 KB), let me know.

Thanks for the prompt replies and all the info!

Glad to be aboard!

-Dave

I suggest you RE post scan #62 over in Southeast Asian/Middle Eastern for Ed Haynes. Arabic on both, and the leftmost one is either something quite lovely and obscure or a fantasy piece-- western style crown and all.

"Western style" it may be to the unschooled, but that is the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Morocco. The text below reads Muhammadi (alternative transliteration as Mohammedi). On his Morocco page, Ed Emering notes the existence of an Order of Mohammedi, but notes nothing about it other than that it was a neck chain only. So "obscure" would certainly seem an appropriate choice of word.

Also, can someone tell me the price range(s) for these pieces?

I know that much depends on the condition and authenticity, but anything in the ballpark would be nice.

Thanks for helpin' a newbie!

-Dave