News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Fat Frame" '14 EK1

Another one on my endless "wanted" list......I don't think it's a 3rd reich piece-it looks like an interwar EK,either short after the war or short before the ?rd reich pieces came into the game.Nice find!

Micha

Another one on my endless "wanted" list......

Micha

yeh, it's funny how that list never seems to really go down, isn't it? all of the items i am posting are from before i stopped collecting about three years ago and moved on to other interests.

then for some reason i stumbled across that "propeller-clasp" ek1 and here i am again...

cheers, gents!

p.s. it's hard to pin this one down (pun intended) chronologically because the case is an early one. perhaps the guy who repaired it had a spare laying around..we will never really know for sure until we can find a similar cased example. that would help a bit.

i'm hesitant to classify it as a piece made directly after the war, tho--the economy in Germany at that time was pretty bad. i've always thought this period was when all of the lower quality one-piece, brass-framed, etc. crosses were produced.

Edited by Eric Stahlhut