News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 195
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/10/2016 at 07:13, arb said:

Chris,

#122 is Dziobek.  However, I can't tell you which one for certain (though I tend to think it was Otto from IR 162), as the Ehrenrangliste does not list any of them as having RIR 74 as a last command.

Andy

It's probably Julius from the Kriegsschule in Hannover and RIR 92.  RIR 74 was a Hannoverian/Oldenburg regiment and was in the same brigade as RIR 92 for the first two years of the war.  Otto was still in IR 162 as recently as November 1917, when he received the Schwarzburg Ehrenkreuz.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Chris,

Looks like (Georg) Keller, (Kurt) Davids, Frhr. von Gienanth, (Max) Winter and Hptm. Fitzer. 

The odd thing is that there was only one Frhr. von Gienanth, Kurt, in 1914.  He made Major on 22.03.1916 but was a cavalry officer and general staff officer who went on to become a Wehrmacht Gen.d.Kav.  At the time the doc was signed, he supposedly was the Ia of the Garde Kav. Div.  Curious.......

Andy

Edited by arb

Chris,

Recognizing that a person's signature does not always resemble his name, here are my suggestions:

Helmut Witting

Karl Schultz was commander of 1. Matr. Art. R. 25.07.18-23.11.1918, but it looks like someone signed for him, but I can't make out the name.

Otto Schulze-Höing

Titus Türk

Hermann Brinkhaus

Andy

Edited by arb

Chris, the first MGSSA doc is signed by Hptm. Freiherr v. Liliencron, but I don't know which Liliencron this would be.

The second appears to be "_eydenhauß", but I can't figure out the first letter or find anyone who matches.