News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nickel Right facing Tunnerbund Conversion

Hi guys, been a bit busy lately on the buying and selling front and have some new makers and nice buckles to show This one is very exciting for me, it is a new maker that I do not have in the Heer collective and a rare and unusual buckle in my eyes. The buckle is a nickel Tunnerbund conversion with the eagle facing to the right, this is a first for me seeing a Tunnerbund conversion with a right facing eagle. The buckle is marked "HASAG" which thanks to my good friend Ingo is the makers mark for Hugo Schneider Aktiengesellschaft Mettalwarrenfabrik Leipzig. This maker had no M4 number but does have a M5 number M5/52.

• 2 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...

WoW another Tunnerbund conv + right facing too by Berge & Nolte Cheers!:cheeky:

Hi,

You'll find the marks are those of the manufacturer of the original DT buckle, not of the company that converted it to the WH pattern. Most seem to have been converted from Berg & Nolte DT buckles, so the HASAG buckle originally shown is quite special. The roundel of that one is absolutely identical to the roundels on B&N buckles.

Best regards, Kurt