News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Three interesting Veteran documents

I had only seen black and white photos of these in Neimann's last book. I was pleased to be able to get three to the same soldier this last month. Now will have to look fot the other documents to complete the set. OH--while I have a few Veteran items, guess I'll have to spring for the medals now as well. I find it interesting how nicely made and colorful these are in comparison to some of the rather plain EK and Wound Badge documents.. I would love to see other Veteran type documents if they are out there---hope these don't bore you.. Mike

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: ALSO very interesting to note that they are "serial numbered" in the wreaths at bottoms BUT

not what I'd expect finding ONE alone ("aha, there were 12,64XX of THIS one awarded by this date") but they are numbered sequentially as issued to HIM-- 4, 5, 6.

:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen more than singles, so no mental data base built up-- any other dates and numbers out there, folks?

These were certainly top of the line pieces-- EXPENSIVE enamelwork in the pit of the Great Depression. :catjava:

Mike,

Absolutely beautiful documents. Congratulations! I think any militaria collector would be happy to have these. Like so many other medals, the documents are much more scarce than the hardware. Good luck with finding that last one and if you see any duplicates, please let me know!

Chip

Gezzzz...Thanks for the nice words and the interest. To be honest this grouping kind of fell together.. I beleive it was going to be split up and I was offered the balance of them and only then found out they were to the same soldier. They were way above the budget but what the heck. As far as I know, there were no other documents for this man. I will follow up and make sure. Would really like to now get the Verdun document(wonder why! LOL). Darn thing is, these are veteran medals I have wanted to get (ask Stogie as we have talked about these medals many times before), never giving a thought to ever having the documents. Funny how things reverse themselves sometimes. Thanks to all who have responded-I dabble in award documents but my main interest is in veteran, regimental items, jubillee medals, Kreigerbund badges and the such. Glad to have been able to share with all here. Oh--a side note-there was one medal and I missed it.. Mike

Great items!! :cheers:

Just two remarks: First, this thread should be in the Weimar forum. And second, if we want to find this discussion later again, we need key words: Argonnen, Somme, Champagne Kreuz. :)

• 3 weeks later...

A little update on the documents. I ask the seller if he had any other documents, pass books etc on man listed on the documents. All he said he had was the Verdun Document and medal. Well after a few e-mails and such--these showed up in the mail this week. The set is complete and all to the same soldier. Numbers run in order as well. Now with time and renewed funds, I'll look for the other three medals. Mike

of the medal bars i have, one to an

unknown, lowly EM with the Verdun, Champagne,

and Somme awards is my favorite.

these docs are equally exquisite!

you are quite fortunate to have ALL of them,

to the same man no less.

quite frankly, i wasn't aware they existed!!

lovely!

joe