News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"As The Sun Goes Down" - Aden, The SAA & Armed Police Mutinies of June 1967 (***RECOMMENDED)

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2009 at 21:07, Bob said:

IMG_2759.JPG

hello interesting  photo of my dad Horace known as the silver fox or tony. my mother Sylvia was pregnant with me during my dad's time in Aden.I was two days old when my dad first met me, We lived In Jibralter, northern Ireland bally Kelly from what I can remember. sadly I never met my uncle William he was not my dad's twin. if anyone has any more photo's or story's of him or William I would love to see.his best friend walter kirk known as wally.kind regards Stephen lofthouse

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new at this, but would like to reply to your message on page 5 regarding the first foot patrol in to the crater in 1966. You mentioned fusilier J. Collinson (ex provist sgt). John Collinson is my stepfather! I've shown him this website and he has enjoyed reading all the posts and photographs. He remembers his time there with great clarity, recalling most of his fellow soldiers. He also recalls the floods. He would like to contact L/cp Peter Madison, if anyone knows of him or could us find him. He would also like to attend any get together soon. Many Thanks.

Hi Mandy,I didn't know J Collinson but there is a John Madderson on facebook that might have known him,he joined the Northumberland Fusiliers in 1964 so there is a chance he knows someone who knows him.The floods washed all the make shift homes off the sides of the hills.