News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

To Compare , A fake and an Original Order of Osmanie

avsaribar

Dear Avsar,

Here are some pictures of the medal I picked up at the antiques store. The center on 1-side looks like it has be reglued side-ways? You can see glue squeezed out around the rim and on to the green enamel. Medal looks well made and enamel looks good to me but I do not know much about these medals. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Sincere regards,

Alan

Dear Avsar,

Here are some pictures of the medal I picked up at the antiques store. The center on 1-side looks like it has be reglued side-ways? You can see glue squeezed out around the rim and on to the green enamel. Medal looks well made and enamel looks good to me but I do not know much about these medals. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Sincere regards,

Alan

Dear Alan ,

Are those pictures that much small size , or i can not open them with my imac ?

It is very hard to tell something from a 4 cm size picture..

Can you post bigger ones ??

Thanks,

Avsar

PS: Even from this size , i feel that it is original , but as you can see , the cresent and the star part on it is missing , the center is definetely repaired as you mentioned , what about the condition of the enamels ?

Alan , if i will be you , i will not buy this order with this condition about his center unless it is not very cheap or has a own document, this Osmanie orders are very attractive orders , but they are not very rare (I mean the 3 th and 4th classes) , i always advice my customers to buy the best possible conditioned Osmanie and Medjidie Orders .. I mean they are not such as a gold Hunkar Iskelesi or

a big size Hareket-i Arz medal , which a collectioner will say ; I don't care about the condition , because i dont know when i will see them again in my life... Cheers .. Avsar IBAR

Thanks Avsar,

For some reason the system will not accept my photos unless I reduce them to this size. I have tried several times and has had problems. Thanks again for your information on the medal. I am going to list it on ebay and wanted to be sure it was original before doing so.

Best Regards,

Alan

• 6 months later...

PS: Even from this size , i feel that it is original , but as you can see , the cresent and the star part on it is missing , the center is definetely repaired as you mentioned , what about the condition of the enamels ?

Alan , if i will be you , i will not buy this order with this condition about his center unless it is not very cheap or has a own document, this Osmanie orders are very attractive orders , but they are not very rare (I mean the 3 th and 4th classes) , i always advice my customers to buy the best possible conditioned Osmanie and Medjidie Orders .. I mean they are not such as a gold Hunkar Iskelesi or

a big size Hareket-i Arz medal , which a collectioner will say ; I don't care about the condition , because i dont know when i will see them again in my life... Cheers .. Avsar IBAR

Hello Avsar,

Just purchased 3 osmaniye medals from dix noonan webb, wondering if you could tell me if they are fake or not

Regards

Murat

Dear Murat ,

Congratulations for your new beautiful purchases.

I hope both of them will have a good place in your collection .

Both of them , Very nice and %100 original orders.

Specially the one which has the Solid Gold Crescent and Star with neck ribbon ... (i love them a lot) ,

and if you can find the Osmanie order full in gold , including the gold reverse center and the date of 699 (I can say that they are very rare as the ones with sabers) , don't miss it.

Also the 4th class is very nice and attractive.

All the best ,

Avsar IBAR

PS: For an information , i am attaching the Ottoman Numbers ...

Edited by avsaribar

Dear Murat ,

Congratulations for your new beautiful purchases.

I hope both of them will have a good place in your collection .

Both of them , Very nice and %100 original orders.

Specially the one which has the Solid Gold Crescent and Star with neck ribbon ... (i love them a lot) ,

and if you can find the Osmanie order full in gold , including the gold reverse center and the date of 699 (I can say that they are very rare as the ones with sabers) , don't miss it.

Also the 4th class is very nice and attractive.

All the best ,

Avsar IBAR

PS: For an information , i am attaching the Ottoman Numbers ...

• 7 years later...

Gents,

I've been looking for an Osmanje order to join my other Turkish medals for sometime. I stumbled upon this thread and was quiet shocked to see how good the copys are.

I therefore present this example that I've been looking at. I know there's a very slight damage to the enamel at the 2 o clock position, that doesn't worry me to much.

Thanks for any insights.

Skip

_20180321_145545.JPG

_20180321_145529.JPG

_20180321_145511.JPG

_20180321_145446.JPG

_20180321_145427.JPG

_20180321_145406.JPG

_20180321_145337.JPG

Dear Avsar,

Thank you very much for your informed opinion, it's appreciated. This example is for sale for just 455€ which seems very reasonable even considering the condition.

Heres another in better condition but the price on this one is nearly 700€. It seems very difficult to find examples of this medal without damage to the enamel somewhere.

Skip

_20180321_175658.JPG

_20180321_175640.JPG

_20180321_175620.JPG

_20180321_175558.JPG

_20180321_175540.JPG

Thanks, yes, i see what you mean just on the reverse or not?

It's rotated to the left 11 o clock position but the obverse looks ok don't you think?

I'll probably opt for the first one though anyway. 

Thank you for the help and observations.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I found two examples that are both ok I hope. I believe this is a 4th and 3rd Class.

The 4th class is much thicker than the other, the hanger is much more sturdy and the balls on the tips rounder and thicker.

The third class is thinner, lighter and the metal "diamonds" inbetween the cross arms are not as detailed. I'm not so sure about this one although it looks a lot like the previous manufacture type that Risk showed the 4th class of.

Opinions appreciated.

_20180430_141434.JPG

_20180430_141538.JPG

_20180430_141616.JPG

3rd Class, sorry, reverse first.

_20180430_141723.JPG

_20180430_141659.JPG

Hello , 

Both orders are original , ok . 

Both Ottoman Mint made but different periods... 

The one without the ribbon is guatanteed 4th class , the one with neck ribbon is 2nd or 3rd class . 

Good luck !

Avsar

Avsar, 

Thank you ever so much for you help, excellent news and I'm very happy with both.

Do you know we're I can get a ribbon for the 4th class?

Also looking for one for my Medicie Order.

Edited by skipaussie
    Spelling

• 2 years later...
    • 2 years later...
    On 09/07/2008 at 02:16, Guest Rick Research said:

Is the fake new, or an old one? Does it have real enamel, or the strange plastic sort of "cold" enamel that has taken the place of good old "glass" enamel work?

Where does the fake come from? Is it made there in Turkey for fooling new collectors?

Are there a lot of fakes-- of everything :speechless1: being made now?

I am thinking of the horrible quality 1915-18 Liakat medals-- when they are ORIGINAL. It wouldn't be difficult to fake something so cheap and ugly looking!!!!

Does the fake Osmanie have fake hallmarks too?

I have an old pre-1914 Austrian-made Osmanie like your REAL one!

Hi Guy,

Really interesting topic here. I wanted to ask, is it possible that the (obverse) back of the Medal can be upside? I'm currently looking to purchase the Order of Osmanieh medal. Everything looks ohk but the back is upside down.