News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 22 Sqd research help needed

Hello all,

am trying to research an Australian 2nd Lt C R Edson who flew with Lt MW Turner in 22 Sqd wounded then died on 17.8.1917,how would I be able to get the combat reports for that day and other days that he flew?

Thanks in advance Rob

Hi Rob

If you mean 22Sqn RAF I'm based with their HQ and when they get it sorted out they have lots of records relating to the history of the Sqn -may take while as they've just started to set up and most of the stuffs in boxes

Cheers

Perce

Hello Perce,

Yes mate RAF he was 1 of 7 observers that for some reason went to the RAF from the AFC after training and was flying with Turner and was shot in the back on the 17.8.17 after landing he died 2hrs later at a clearig station the pilot was also wounded.Any info would be fantastic and I would be most happy to cover any cost involved.My email is jrm@bigpond.net.au

Cheers Rob

Edited by Robert Rytir

Hi Rob

Have had a quick look at the logs (which have been transcribed) not found much yet- his name appears in the aircrew list-previous unit age etc

Turner and Edson flew aircraft A7201 and they shared in shooting down a Albatross DV near Lens at 19:30 hrs on the 12 Aug 1917-will keep looking for you-can post a copy of the diary if you want-will need to transgibe it electronically 1st

Cheers

Perce

Hi Perce,

all I have on these guys is they shared shooting down 3 aircraft on 29 July,12 Aug and 17 Aug 1917 when he and the Turner were both wounded on the 17th Aug 17 and he died after.So any other info regarding him and Turner being wounded and flying,where he was stationed type of aircraft, so if you can scan any info from the records and email them to me at jrm@bigpond.net.au I would be most grateful.

Regards Rob

Edited by Robert Rytir