News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Coronation & Jubilee Medals

Guest Darrell

• Replies 101
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Coincidentally, I found my Golden Jubilee a couple of hours ago, whilst looking in the garage for photos of my father & uncles.

My wife was also issued the medal, hers is identical to mine (& to the one shown), with the "male" ribbon.

Any idea if it's a case of women in uniformed services being issued the medal with that ribbon, & women who are'nt in uniform being issued medals with the bow ribbon?

I understand the ladies bows were dispensed with regarding 2002 medal issues. I've seen one and it was privately done to match the '77 medal that the recipient had. The issue of bows was deemed too costly to what had become something of a cake & arse party.

Guest Darrell

Thanks Hendrik nice looking medals :cheers:

Here is a recent addition. The 1897 Jubilee Medal for Queen Victoria. This is the Silver version of this medal (also comes in bronze).

Absolutely gorgeous patina on this one :love: A brilliant blue in hand ....

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell