News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

3 hours ago, Bayern said:

This one is a musician .keep in mind that .because Musikmeisters ,Obermusikmeisters and Stabsmusikmeisters carried special shoulderboards . and collar patches . the colour of the patches was according with that of the unit to which belongs the Kapelle .Yellow for Air , red for Flak ,white for Hermann Goering , black for the RLM and so on

Hi, thanks, I did this for a member of someone's family member, I was told which service branch he was in.

regards

4 hours ago, Bayern said:

The Navy officer in field grey is Prince Adalbert of Prussia the only son of William II that pursued a Navy career

Yes I was aware of it being Prince Adalbert, attached a few more members of his immediate family, I've yet to add Prince Eitel and the Empress, (They are not real postcards!), Got their Grandad and a few Uncles somewhere I think

collage copy.JPG

Alex K : I discovered your posts just yesterday . Its a great Job , very well done . but could be better ,not technically but in accuracy . one example : Max Immelmann was officer of a Technical branch so he weared the uniform of that . In field grey , black piping on collar and cuffs , kronenknopfe in matt silver grey , and silver litzen over black patches piped red on the collar . The capband was black piped in red and red was the upper piping of the crown of the cap . If you need some assistence regarding uniform details . ask freely .

Than you Peter for you kind words.

Very nice realistic work Erwin and thanks for posting here. I hope to see more of your colourisations.

Nice work Alex, I enjoy seeing your excellent colourisations.

Here's another of mine which was posted in another thread but should also be here.

Cheers,

Larry

1.jpg

Hi Larry really fine work as usual, regards

Alex

Just to keep the ball rolling a while longer

One that's a little bit different, I'm  99% sure I've got the decorations correct

TR Ernst Rohm 2 copy.JPG

TR Heydrich copy.JPG

Edited by Alex K

20 hours ago, Alex K said:

Hi Thanks for your comments ref. Immelmann, I do like to be as accurate as possible, I do make some mistakes, so based on your comments

Imp Max Immelmann large copy.JPG

Alex K : The button colour must be matt silver ,and i not mentioned the red piping at the front of the tunic .Excuse me this omission .

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is a pleasure to go through. 

I belong to a historical photography and film club up here. One of the guys told me recently that it was standard practice in the 1920s- 1950s to use a sky blue backdrape, as it offset the grey contrasts of the film well and could be easily lightened or darkened by augmenting lights of various strengths. 

7 hours ago, Ulsterman said:

This thread is a pleasure to go through. 

I belong to a historical photography and film club up here. One of the guys told me recently that it was standard practice in the 1920s- 1950s to use a sky blue backdrape, as it offset the grey contrasts of the film well and could be easily lightened or darkened by augmenting lights of various strengths. 

Hi Larry another very nice one

With regards to background colour I tend to agree, many of my "Portraits" I choose a blue/grey/green-ish background, it's neutral but can be "tweeked" a little to add interest at times

kitchener copydof copymart copy.JPG

Kuroki_Tamemoto framed copy.JPG

smart George_of_Saxonyblur copy.JPG

On 24/10/2017 at 20:10, Alex K said:

Hi Larry another very nice one

With regards to background colour I tend to agree, many of my "Portraits" I choose a blue/grey/green-ish background, it's neutral but can be "tweeked" a little to add interest at times

kitchener copydof copymart copy.JPG

Kuroki_Tamemoto framed copy.JPG

smart George_of_Saxonyblur copy.JPG

King George of Saxony .

King George reigned only two years 1902 1904 and was not popular . in the photo he wears the uniform of a Saxon infantry regiment with general epaulettes .

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 11/30/2017 at 04:21, LarryT said:

PM sent.

Cheers,

Larry

Thank you Sir.  I have one other of my Grandpa and his cousin, but completely understand if you can't.  The two that I sent you of my relatives will be awesome to share with my family.

Edited by ostprussenmann_new

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...