News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bobby Murdered on Duty 1946

I recently bought on ebay, a group of documents relating to a Bobby from Durham Constabulary. In these documents was two of his PNB`s one of which gives details of the murder of an Officer from Burton on Trent, murdered by an Amercian Service man.
    I think this may have been PC Brinley Booth, who was blungeoned to death, whilst affecting an arrest, can anyone confirm this for me, and supply me any additional information?

Guest pikemedals

hi, check out policeorders website links. A site on here for police officers who died on duty.I am sure i read a book on this the yank was going around robbing bank and awol from the army

• 11 years later...

Hello

PC Brinley Booth is my wife's grandfather. Is it possible to let me know what information you have in the PNBs (personal notebooks?) about this episode please? This week is the 70th anniversary of his death. Thanks so much

Edited by Kevin Ham

On 6/9/2016 at 13:24, Kevin Ham said:

Hello

PC Brinley Booth is my wife's grandfather. Is it possible to let me know what information you have in the PNBs (personal notebooks?) about this episode please? This week is the 70th anniversary of his death. Thanks so much

Kevin, unfortunately I don't have these pocket notes books any more. I can't even remember what I did with them (it was 12 years ago). I must have swapped them for something else, am really sorry I can't shine any more light on this for you :(