News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Veterinarian!

Good Afternoon!

As most of you might know, I collect mainly LW uniforms and medical uniforms from all branches.

Now the big question...

Is there such thing as a Luftwaffe Veterinarian(that utilizes the carmine waffenfarbe like the Heer)? If so, my quest will be to find such a tunic.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Warm regards

Paul

Well the LW ground units most certainly had Veterinary sub-units.

Thank you. Simon! That would definately make sense!

A dealer friend of mine emailed the following:

According to Angolia's Luft. vol 1, pg. 371, Luft. NCO 's and enlisted wore

Crimson (carmine) waffenfarb. The same as General Staff officers.

No mention is made of officer waffenfarb for vet. units.

Good talking to you today.

If that is the case, I then have a new dream tunic!!

Has anyone ever seen one of these tunics?

Warm regards

PAul

Here is the front of the second board of Gene's! This one without the serpent.

Does anyone have any of the EM carmine collar tabs(or even better... a tunic)? Please post them!

Warm regards

Paul

Thanks for posting them Paul :beer:

No problem Gene! Thank you for the only visual aids on this topic! :cheers:

There have to be more Luftwaffe Veterinarian uniforms or insignia out there! If you have them, please post them!!!

Paul

I don't like that visor; I'd like to see a lot more pics of this cap

Gene,

It is one Hermann Historica website. I will have to send an email to get more photos. What is it about the hat you do not like?

I do knot know much about visors.

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

The black visor itself is a type I have never seen on such a visor; I'd like to see a lot more pics of this cap. Back in the 70's many hats were monkeyed with to make them more desirable, like white piped Heer examples had their piping dyed to pink or other more desirable branch colors. I once saw a Luftwaffe General's visor that seemed symmetrically too small. An older, more experienced collector showed me what happened. "Someone" had removed the officer piping from the cap (it was an original Luftwaffe officer's cap to begin with) and sewn in gold piping. When it was finsihed, the cap looked awkward as it had taken on a shrunken shape. I'm not saying that's what happened to this cap, but with such a rare branch color this cap should have many pics provided by it's seller as well as an ironclad return privilege much longer than the usual 3 day period that is the norm in our hobby.

The inside.

I am curious as to why there are no side or rear shots of the visor. I will ask him for more pics. I will do some research from the pics I have and see if I can find any discrepancies from the shots provided.

Best regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Paul Reck

After looking at the visor, I am starting to have my doubts. The inside(sweat band), lining(with the post war plastic diamond) dont match up with anything I have in my photo files. Also, something about the eagle does not seem right as well. These are just my feelings. What is your honest input?

Warm regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck