News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My WW I and WW II pistol and revolver collection.

ksg

Hi Kjell,

I really like your collection especially the 1896 "Red 9 Broomhandle" Mauser. That and the Luger are sweet handguns.

I think it's funny that the Broomhandle style is still used in movies like Star Wars with odds and ends attached to reresent a futuristic weapon when it actually came out at the end of the 1800s. :lol:

Thanks for an interesting post.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Hi Kjell,

I really like your collection especially the 1896 "Red 9 Broomhandle" Mauser. That and the Luger are sweet handguns.

I think it's funny that the Broomhandle style is still used in movies like Star Wars with odds and ends attached to reresent a futuristic weapon when it actually came out at the end of the 1800s. :lol:

Thanks for an interesting post.

Brian

Hi Brian, glade you liked my collection ! Used to have more Lugers, but all are gone. Fortunately there are no shortage of Lugers here. I is one of the most common handguns to get hold of, for a reasonable price.

The use of Broomhandles and other authentic weapons in sci-fi movies, don?t get me started... but I agree it is kind of funny.

Have added a few more pictures of the Mauser.

Kjell

I just got back from visiting a Military Museum and thought I'd seen some great specimens but your Broomhandle with the wooden shoulder stock/holster AND the leather harness WITH tools!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping: FANTASTIC! :jumping:

Thanks for making my day!

Brian

Guest Rick Research

Have those been "de-activated" Most governments :unsure: seem to be afraid of their citizens and I know you didn't just find that Nambu left in a barn forgotten by the retreating Wehrmacht! :rolleyes:

EXCELLENT collection of (?) every country involved. :cheers:

Very nice collection of classic handguns.

Thanks ! Will try to post some more classic guns soon. Rifles, MP?s and MG?s. I got one post some time back, showing my Mauser rifles.

Kjell

What are the dates on your P08 and P38? I really like the TT33

The P 38 is Walter, ac 41 and the Luger is a Mauser produced, S/42 from 1938.

I also like the TT33. But I need a new barrel, it have been used so much it?s almost smooth bored . I have had bullet going into the target sideways..!

Kjell

Hello!

ksg

Have You Holster for all Pistols? Please post some,thank You. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

all the best :cheers:

Nesredep

No,I don?t have holsters for all. I was looking last night and I found some, for Luger, P 38, TT33 and a few other. Will dig some more and post them soon. I moved some time ago and a lot is still in crates.

Kjell

I just got back from visiting a Military Museum and thought I'd seen some great specimens but your Broomhandle with the wooden shoulder stock/holster AND the leather harness WITH tools!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping: FANTASTIC! :jumping:

Thanks for making my day!

Brian

I?m happy to have made your day!

Kjell

Have those been "de-activated" Most governments :unsure: seem to be afraid of their citizens and I know you didn't just find that Nambu left in a barn forgotten by the retreating Wehrmacht! :rolleyes:

EXCELLENT collection of (?) every country involved. :cheers:

I wish the Wehrmacht had left some Nambus...! Not the easiest type get hold of in Norway. By the way this is not a Nambu. It?s a Shiki Kenju type 94, chambered for the same cartridge as the 8mm Nambus, the 8 mm taisho.

Non of the guns are deactivated, they are all registered. The government here are also getting more and more strict. I just read the proposal for the new gun laws .....(now I feel my blood pressure is rising). As a collector you get a limit of 25 guns and have the possibility to apply for some more. It used to be 100 and you could apply for 10 more at the time, and further back it was unlimited. That means, if you got 100 guns now and want a new one, you have to sell 76... and to who ? There are also, of course, restrictions on fully automatic weapons ( model year, how rare it is and so on ). I sold a fully automatic Vickers to a friend some years ago, now I cant buy it back unless it?s converted to semiautomatic , even if I already own one. Logic ...? For non collectors, like hunters and sport shooters there are also restrictions on the number and kind of guns. People outside these groups, are still allowed to keep 4 guns which have been in your family for, I think, 20 years. Older blackpowder weapons are still free, so everyone can buy ......a Winchester 1873 free.

The only positive about the laws here, they don?t swing back at you. What you got you keep :)

Kjell

Edited by ksg

Kjell

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your collection. Very nice guns!

Congratulations.

Regarding the legal measures against honest people that are only trying to preserve some historical pieces, I can say that I FULLY understand you about how insane the laws are turning in. Where I live the legislation for gun collectors has become more and more dificult to deal with. Sometimes you feel like as you are the bad guy! Strange...

A couple of years ago they submited to a popular consulting (a "referendum") a legal propose that would BAN the firearms ownership as whole in my country. In spite of all the campaign pro-BAN (which had the governmental support) the law was rejected by a majority of 66% :shame: !!!!! It was a nice victory! But, even today, sometimes I still heard of a new law against firearms that someone is trying to vote again in Congress. Up till now they are unsuccessful.

Once more, congratulations for your nice collection!

Douglas

Kjell

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your collection. Very nice guns!

Congratulations.

Regarding the legal measures against honest people that are only trying to preserve some historical pieces, I can say that I FULLY understand you about how insane the laws are turning in. Where I live the legislation for gun collectors has become more and more dificult to deal with. Sometimes you feel like as you are the bad guy! Strange...

A couple of years ago they submited to a popular consulting (a "referendum") a legal propose that would BAN the firearms ownership as whole in my country. In spite of all the campaign pro-BAN (which had the governmental support) the law was rejected by a majority of 66% :shame: !!!!! It was a nice victory! But, even today, sometimes I still heard of a new law against firearms that someone is trying to vote again in Congress. Up till now they are unsuccessful.

Once more, congratulations for your nice collection!

Douglas

Hello Douglas

Thanks, I?m glad you liked my collection !

Sorry to hear other collectors also have problems whit their governments. We have also won some small "battles" here, but i?m not optimistic about the future. Sooner or later, only the criminals will be armed .....!

Kjell