News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just HAD to show this one!

jshorter

Thanks!!! Here is what my contact in Bangkok has told me about it. I had to ask as there is very little I could find in English about the Rajaruchi medals.

"Rajaruchi medal has two categories, silver and silver with gold plated. The medal was first established in the reign of King Rama V in 1897, purposely to grant to anyone inside the palace who closely served for the King. It is the King's discretion only, whoever has this medal, must has been working very closely to the King, it doesn't mean a senior staff but could be a driver, lady in waiting or even senior members of royal family. It is really limited medal granted by the King. This medal was established by King Rama V, VI, VII and IX only. Not in the reign of King Rama VIII. Details on the medal is similarly to the King Rama V's medal. The sculpture of King Rama VI and his name by the edge of the medal by one side, another side stated the Royal term as ราชรุจิยา ทินนมิท, it means that "This medal was granted at his (the King) pleasure"."

Jason

Very nice, Jason,

I may have mentioned that I have an extensive large-format book on Thai ODM, replete with color pictures and (I think) many of the governing statutes. The news is that yesteday, I found a lady who may translate segments for us! If she does, I think we'll have a real asset.

Hugh

Hi Hugh!

I think I have the same book as you. I was able to get it from Thailand, and it is the hard cover book from the Secretariat of the Cabinet. Of course, all in Thai (except the titles of the Orders & Medals), but at least the photos are 1:1 ratio, and very nice to look at. Now, if someone can read it.... ;)

Jason

Hi Hugh!

I think I have the same book as you. I was able to get it from Thailand, and it is the hard cover book from the Secretariat of the Cabinet. Of course, all in Thai (except the titles of the Orders & Medals), but at least the photos are 1:1 ratio, and very nice to look at. Now, if someone can read it.... ;)

Jason

I'll keep you posted - red dust jacket, picture of several royals in uniform on the front? Not even the title in English!

red dust jacket, picture of several royals in uniform on the front?

Mine has a clear plastic dust jacket, but the book cover itself is dark blue with a gold printed image of the 2nd. class Order of White Elephant with Thai text in gold under the order.

Jason

Mine has a clear plastic dust jacket, but the book cover itself is dark blue with a gold printed image of the 2nd. class Order of White Elephant with Thai text in gold under the order.

Jason

You'll just have to find a long-haired dictionary.

Hugh