News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JNA peacekeepers

• 1 year later...
    • Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Gordon for information about the two small UNEF "medals".

Today I would like to share with you a photo, which shows yugoslavian soldiers from UNEF I or UNYOM mission. I find it very interesting. Soldiers wear uniforms which are not standard yugoslavian uniforms. I even assume that these uniforms are not of yugoslavian origine but that they are of canadian origine. Can anybody identify these uniforms?

attachicon.gif15vv4.GIF

Regards, Sebastijan

Yes, they look like the Canadian bush jacket and pants. The caps, too, look Canadian.

At one time Canada and Yugoslavia were about tied for participation in the most UN peacekeeping missions.

Michael

Plate from the same seller.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7937-0-83846600-1394051375.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7937-0-36931300-1394051381.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify up to 1991 SFRJ - JNA participated in 6 missions:

1. UNEF I (1956-1967) United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) - Suez crisis. JNA had 22 rotations of amounting to 14.265 personnel. Also Colonel Lazar Mušicki was acting Force commander from Aug. 1964 – Jan. 1965.
    2. ONUC (1960-1964) Opération des Nations unies au Congo, (English: The United Nations Organization in the Congo). JNA was providing technical support to UN air force units in Congo.
    3. UNYOM (1963-1964) UN Yemen Observation Mission (UNYOM). JNA participated with one detachment. Also Colonel Branko Pavlovic was acting Force commander from Aug - Sep. 1963.
    4. UNIIMOG (1988-1991) United Nations Iran–Iraq Military Observer Group (UNIIMOG). JNA participated with military observers. Major-General Slavko Jovic was mission commander and Chief military observer from Aug. 1988 - Nov. 1990.
    5. UNTAG (1989-1990) United Nations Transition Assistance Group (UNTAG) in Namibia. JNA participated with military observers.
    6. UNAVEM I (1989-1991) United Nations Angola Verification Mission I. JNA participated with military observers.

• 5 months later...