News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed on reading award card

Red Star #1131161, Decree of 3 Nov 1944

Red Star #1511110, Order of 2nd Far Eastern Front of 12 Sep 1945

Red Banner #257943, Decree of 5 Nov 1946

Victory over Germany Medal, Decree of 9 May 1945

Victory over Japan Medal, Decree of 30 Sep 1945

30 Years Soviet Army and Fleet Medal

Order of Lenin #195093, Decree of 19 Nov 1951

Guest Rick Research

So: three long service Orders and a "real" Red Star for action against the Japanese. A new group? Got the service record?

Guest Rick Research

Major Gavriel Polikarpovich Pekur was born in the village of (Sidmev??) in Chernogorsky Raion, Chernigorskaya Oblast in 1904. CPSU since 1928, primary education, Ukrainian. In Red Army since November 1926. Decorated in and still serving as Chief of Staff, 3rd Fighter Aviation Regiment.

An interesting (albiet sad) story follows this research...I had this great group to the fellow (Lenin, Red Banner, etc.) plus photos plus other assorted items that all came from the veteran's (a Colonel, pilot in the Air Force) son in the Ukraine. Well, I owned the group and researched it. Turned out that the Colonel was more of a ground guy than an aviator. So I turned the group....took me forever to get any money from it (ended up losing money on it) mostly because the guy didn't have any flashy combat flight citations. Well, about a year later, I see the research for sale plus a couple documents from the same guy that bought the group from me. APPARENTLY, the story he told me (after I told him what I thought of him for splitting the group) was that the buyer didn't want the research with it, so he was "forced" to keep it. Yeah, whatever...he sold the group with the Colonel being a combat pilot instead of a ground staff guy and was able to get his money out of it.... So, I got the research and items from the group and kept them ever since.

Sad.

Dave

And can't forget...my sale description of the group. By the way, I think I got something around $700 for it when it finally sold...

This is a GREAT career group to a wartime pilot!!! This group of four orders and eight medals belonged to Air Force Colonel Gavril Polykarpovich Pekyur. The group consists of:

Awards:

Order of Lenin 195093

Order of the Red Banner 257943

Order of the Red Star 1131161

Order of the Red Star 1511110

All are listed in Order Book A 454306, dated 30 January 1947, with a first award date of 1 December 1944.

Medals:

Defense of Moscow (with document, interestingly awarded after retirement!)

Victory Over Germany (with document)

Victory Over Japan (with document)

20, 30 Years of Victory (both with documents)

30, 60 Years of Soviet Army (both with documents)

100 Years of Lenin's Birth (with document)

Veteran of the Armed Forces (with document)

Badges:

Graduate of the Air Force Command and Staff School (with document, indicating 1941 graduation, but awarded in 1952)

25 Years of Victory (with document)

Documents:

Diploma for the Air Force Command and Staff School, dated 1941

Reserve Officer's ID book, with photo, dated 1956 (indicates that he was on active duty from 1926 through 1955)

Pass as a technical advisor, with photo, dated 1953

Temporary ID document, with photo wearing medals (RB and both RS's), dated 1947

Four free travel/disbursing books for order awardee

Nine photos, most are in uniform, five are pre-war, four are post-war, including several portrait photos in the early 'french' uniform, and several photos annotated as having been taken on Victory Day (9 May 1945) in the field, showing him wearing his awards (RB and 2 RS's).

Misc.:

"Shturmanokia" wristwatch that he wore during the War (not working)

Pair of leather flight gloves, also worn during wartime flights

The group also comes with research from the Archives of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, including two citations and his complete personnel file - over 33 pages of research!!! (And two photos of him in uniform wearing the four-place medal bar that's in the group!)

This is an excellent group, which was just recently (in February) purchased from his family in Russia! You definitely won't be disappointed with this one!!!

$1000

Guest Rick Research

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now I remember that group!

Well, there's a SPECIAL place in the innermost circle of Hades for the group splitter and the MORON who "didn't want" the research. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

If the GHOULS still walk among us, please PM me their names so that I can add them to my Most Very Special Forever List. :speechless1: I won't SHAME them in public (though they should be tarred, feathered, and then exiled to the Kerguelen Islands to "survive" naked eating penguin poop for the miserable rest of their lives) but I would sooner self-cannibalize than ACCIDENTALLY EVER offer any assistance to such idiots in future. No one should sell to them. No one should buy from them. EVER. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the worst part about the deal was the fact that when I originally sold the group, it was supposed to include a pair of WW2 flying gauntlets. Unfortunately, the contact that had gotten the group for me from the son of the vet had some issues sending out clothing/cloth items (he still has...or had...all of the uniforms of a general whose medals and documents I once owned...) so he could never get the gauntlets to me. Bummer.

Well, when I launched into the seller for splitting the group, his rationale to me was:

"Since I never got the gloves, I figured the group was already split, so the fact that the buyer didn't want the research and documents didn't bother me"

Ohhhh my...... :banger:

Dave