News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Badge "To Hero of the January, 1918 events" at the Arsenal Works in Kiev

Hi Ed, :D

A quick check in Durov's book (Order of Lenin State Museum) says : "Badge "To Hero of the January, 1918 events" at the Arsenal Works in Kiev, which was awrded to the workers who rose in arms against the nationalist government". (page 72).

Hope this helps...

Cheers.

Ch.

PS : very nice booklet BTW. :jumping:

Hi Ed,

For what it?s worth, here is the picture of our old friend Gds. Lt. Col. Vasily Ivanovitch Kriuchkov which I have posted before regarding his four St. George crosses. This time, I am posting it to point out that the decoration on the far left, next to his OPW and Khmelnitsky 3rd class has been identified as a "To Hero of the January, 1918 events" at the Arsenal Works in Kiev.

Unfortunately, I have a nice picture but no badge or book. :(

Regards,

Wild Card

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I realize that this badge (pictured below) is not the same one as the one for which Ed's document was issued; but I think that it might be related.

WildCard,

I think that it is at best indirectly related.

It is a badge commemorating the 5-yr plan 1928-1932 at the "КЧЗ" (К[иевский] Ч[асовый(?)] З[авод]). Probably an award to outstanding workers for early completion of the plan in 3 1/2 year.

Marc

Edited by Lapa

Lapa,

Thank you for your information.

Because of the similarity of the centers of the two badges (theme of Revolutionary Workers and what could be construed as the same buildings) along with what I think is the word ?Kiev? on the reverse of my piece, I thought that they might be related.

With your information, I am thinking that my badge might be an award for, as you put it, ?commemorating the 5-yr plan 1928-1932 at the...? at The Arsenal. Does this make sense?

Thank you again and,

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Lapa,

Thank you for your information.

Because of the similarity of the centers of the two badges (theme of Revolutionary Workers and what could be construed as the same buildings) along with what I think is the word "Kiev" on the reverse of my piece, I thought that they might be related.

With your information, I am thinking that my badge might be an award for, as you put it, "commemorating the 5-yr plan 1928-1932 at the..." at The Arsenal. Does this make sense?

Thank you again and,

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Wild Card,

As I indicated, I am not fully certain what the abbreviation mean (the letter "Ch"); in any case, I don't think that it is the Arsenal.

Marc

PS: you were right, Kiev is indeed engraved on the back