News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Eagle Order III with bow-style ribbon

Hi gents,

I just got this nice award document from ebay:

Red Eagle Order 3th class with the bow-style ribbon

(Roter Adler Orden 3.Klasse mit der Schleife)

Otto Budde, member of the managing board of "Fried. Krupp AG", got it on 30. December 1907.

He lived in Essen ("an der Ruhr") between 1848 and 1909.

But that?s all information I found.

Does anybody have more information about him? What else did he award?

By the way, this document was originally signed by Wilhelm II., common for this class of the Red Eagle Order.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

His Orders Almanac entry has no date or place of birth. He then listed:

RAO4, KO3, WF3a, Bulgarian St Alexander 4, Chinese Double Dragon 2c, Danish Dannebrog 2b, Netherlands Oranje-Nassau 3, and Swedish Vasa 2b.v

His Orders Almanac entry has no date or place of birth. He then listed:

RAO4, KO3, WF3a, Bulgarian St Alexander 4, Chinese Double Dragon 2c, Danish Dannebrog 2b, Netherlands Oranje-Nassau 3, and Swedish Vasa 2b.v

Thank you Rick for your fast reply.

Very nice mix of international orders :rolleyes:

Greetings

Roman

The award date for his Dannebrog order (Commander 2. class) was 28. Feb. 1903.

He is listed as "Budde, Otto Carl Ernst, Engineer, Director at the Krupp factory in Essen."

I can't find him in the Swedish Vasa list from 1900, so that one was probably awarded 1900 or later.

/Mike

Guest Rick Research

He MUST have been listed in one of the earlier editions of the German Who's Who-- "Wer Ists'?" But I only have the 1935 edition, and he is not in that, nor in the "Nekrolog" of previous edition (1928) listed people who died in between.

I never have any luck google searching, but I'm surprised he doesn't turn up someplace online.

Guest Rick Research

:cheers:

So chances are, all his actual awards were returned and nothing remains BUT his award Urkunden.

...but where are his other award documents????

Best regards

Roman

:rolleyes: Patience, Solomon, patience. Often if one document is ?out there? (on the market) so are the others. That is to say that they are no longer with the family, but are now scattered about. The question is where.

The first document I ever got was to a major for a Prussian Crown Order, third class, in 1908. About five years later I came across, and bought, his L?beck Hanseatic Cross and Prussian War Help Cross documents which were dated 1918 and he was a General Major. :jumping:

Meanwhile, I found that he had also been awarded the PLM in 1918. Patience and hope. Sure enough, about five years later the PLM document surfaced - with the PLM! Unfortunately this was far beyond my means :( ; but hopefully, I make my point.

As I said, patience and I wish you good luck, :cheers:

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

The longest I've ever gone--successfully I should say--is 19 years "between."

Of course, there are items that have never--so far-- come back up.

Patience... and the Elixir of Eternal Life! :rolleyes: :cheeky: