News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings Rosenberg! Please let us know how this ends up. Also, when you meet with the buyer, ask him about the hundreds of fakes cruising the world.... any advice/direction he might offer would be most welcome as would your additional input!

MfG, Rick

I haven?t finally decided what I will do with it.I will ask the stein-freak about his opinions on the fake invasion and it?s detection.I asked you a few questions on the first post of this page,you can call them test-questions in a way,but you didn?t answer them.A good one should have the following characteristics among others that might vary due to size and fabrication.

To whatever state the stein is from exists a corresponding colour-pattern and symbol(Prussia:Eagle).The Prussian colour-pattern consists of red,white and black.When the symbol is holding a star like mine,this should resemble the insignia of the unit the stein was presented to.

Additionally there is this ball with the glass holes on mine.You can look into these holes and you must see whatever the unit is connected to.On mine you can see a locomotive.This is somethin I am pretty certain you won?t find on fakes.The name of the recipient has to be on the name-list asiding the holder.And finally the initial trouble-spot -the top.This has to be darker on the outside than on the inside.In regard to markings I am unaware myself,but those on mine should be considered as linked to the production process instead of a warranty-sign from the maker.

Regards

Edited by Rosenberg

Rosenberg,

I know that there are plenty of fakes around and that they are getting better all the time, but your stein has struck me as being completely original. This field is not my specialty, but I have a few pieces in my collection and have seen many over the years and yours just has the attributes of a period piece. Good luck should you decide to sell.

Best regards,

Chip