News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Victorian Met Police Disciplinary records

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it is possible to find out what Victorian Bobbies, who have a disciplinary record, where in trouble for?? I know a lot got the sack, for various things, usuall involving alcohol, but why would he have been moved to another Div, anyone any thoughts?

Does anyone know when the Met Museum is due to re open?

BJOW.

Guest pikemedals

hi i don,t know when the met is opening the museum, or if it will again, if you know the date for the disciplinary for the officer sometimes it will tell you in the police orders, whether he was fined, reduction of pay or sacked or demoted, i go to PRO at kew , i can help you if you tell me the details

Hi Pikey,

If you could find anything else out for me that would be really cool..

I have been able to find out the following...His name was Richard Hughes he was born in the parish of St George in East London. He joined the 1st Btn Royal Sussex Regiment on the 20/04/80 aged 18yrs and 3 months, he served with the Btn during the Egypt Campaign, left the army and in 1885, and joined the Met on the 03/05/86 C Div, on the 02/07/86 he was posted to F Div for disciplinary reasons. On the 07/10/90 he was again posted this time to R Div, he left the Met a short time later, and rejoined the army, serving with the Sussex till 1896.

If you can tell me anything more about his Police career, that would be really great!!!!

Really sad, that the Met Museum is closed, and looking to stay that way, what a damn shame!!!!!!

BJOW.

Guest pikemedals

hi, bjow can you tell me if i got the right officers his warrant number is 71622. i will be going to PRO in a week or two, have you got his WO/97 that his army papers

Hi Pikey,
    Great minds think alike, I have just come on line in order to tell you his warrant number, and found your message. Yes his warrant number was 71622, and his collar numbers where C379, F42 & R425.
    Many thanks in advance for you time, I do hope we can find out what he was in trouble for.

Did you ever find out what PC154 William Johns, had been up two, didn`t he get discplined twice?

Am I right in thinking that you collect military/police groups?

Kind regards,
    BJOW.

Guest pikemedals

hi bjow i won a 1897 met police medal off ebay today, i had to pay just over ?39 for it. I would of liked to have paid ?35 for it, but thats ebay for you! He was in the 4th divn as on the medal, i know of only 118 medals issued for the 4th divn, so its not bad as its his only entitlement. If you dont know the number of medals to each divn issued i can tell you if need be, i see you are going for the 1911 c & b police medal, my last one I paid ?65 for. I know a dealer whos got one for sale for ?59 if that helps you, you may know him he is in your part of the woods & i do love my WW1 army medals and my beloved met police medals. I dont buy City of London medals, but I do like the 1911 scottish police medal I got 2 from Wales last year and one was to a ps who came down to london for the funeral of King Edward Vll on 20th May 1910, part of a detachment from Edinburgh city police, but I am missing his 1903 visit to Scotland medal. TTFN biggrin.gif

I must admit, you two, that I also like the odd police medal.... I have a nice group which is a City of London Police trio with bar, and he also has an Egypt medal with two bars and a khedive's star, as he was in the Gren Guards prior to joining the police.
    I also have a great group to a Met superintendent, which is a trio with bar. He was Superintendent of Thames Division for his 1911. A very interesting group. wub.gif

Hi Guys,

Pikey first. If you wouldn`t at all mind, I`d be very greatful indeed, if you can turn up any details at all on PC Hughes Met career, as well as his disciplinary details...cheers mate!!!
    With reference to the 1911 medal, I`ll bear you offer in mind. I`d like one for my collection, but would prefer a named one, especially one to a North Wales Area Bobby, I know there out there somewhere. Which Force are your two Welsh ones to?

Vice Chair man, your medal group sounds smashing, a little confused, I take it by trio you mean the 1887 &97, 1902 and 1911, with the Egypt...as apposed to 1914 and bar trio, and Egypt medal.........now surely a bobby, with that level of service, should be posted on the longest serving Bobby topic, ho,ho,ho. Which unit did your guy serve in in Egypt. I must admit I`ve only just started collecting military and police medal groups, but I`m hooked!!!! I have a framed picture of Supt Olive, and all his senior officers from X Div, about 1911 era, one of them died whilst still serving, however, I have been unable to find out more details, off the top of my head I think he was Insp H Ball, but I`ll get back to you on that one. Any ideas as to how I could find out what happened to him??

BJOW.

Guest pikemedals

hi bjow i look in to you man today , i could not get his mepo /4 /354 that his examination papers. this will gave you his life befor & in the police service has someone was looking at it. but i got copies of the police orders for him & for this disciplinary and he must of piss someone off. has he got a 10 s fine and severely reprimanded, & transferred to r divn but don,t said what for ,i will try again for his for this mepo 4.have you got a po box address i will sent you his papers to you or your work address best to send it my email, don,t put it on the site. later i will tell you about one of my men what i find out today

Edited by pikemedals

hi bjow i look in to you man  today , i could not  get his mepo /4 /354 that his examination papers. this will gave you his life befor & in the police service has someone was looking at it. but i got copies of the police orders for him &  for this disciplinary and he must of piss someone off. has he got a 10 s fine and severely reprimanded, & transferred to r divn  but don,t said what for ,i will try again for his for this mepo 4.have you got a po box address i will sent you his papers to you or your work address best to send it my email,  don,t put it on the site. later i will tell you about one of my men what i find out today

Cheers Pikey, thats smashing thank you very much indeed for that. I`ve sent you an email, when you get it let me know and I`ll email you with my postal address. Is it possible to confirm whether Hughes had any Military Service, as I`m keen to confirm this, just so I`ve got all the facts right for my research. Many thanks again.

BJOW.