News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Seemingly it's gone into abeyance and the problem seems to be on the other side of the Atlantic. The European side was continually sending amendments to upgrade the site, regarding British formations, but very little, if anything was being done to it.

There was an idea in the pipeline that they may actually produce a published work that would supersede Frederick's massive two volume work "Lingeage of the British Land Forces". If that did happen, then it would be a monumental work considering the changes since 1992 to the British infantry alone. Fredericks himself only ever covered the Infantry & Artillery and never completed his work on the Corp's, but apparently all of his notes still exist and are held in an American institution.

I'll try and contact one of the site producers and see if I can get a clear answer.

I downloaded the archive a number of months ago but can't remember where or how I did it. This link may be of help for the time being http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.regiments.org

Tony

The link is active but for how long? Can anyone supply me with the archive?

It is indeed a sad loss.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart Bates

The link is active but for how long? Can anyone supply me with the archive?

It is indeed a sad loss.

Stuart

Hi Stuart if you pm me your e mail address I will have a go at compressing the file, 28mb, and sending it by e mail, not sure if it will work, not sure if I can compress it enough for my provider to allow me to send it, I will try over the weekend.

Geoff

E-mailing a 28 meg file will probably present problems, even if compressed (it may not ZIP too much). I am a litytle uncomfortable about some of the copyright aspects here, but the outstanding work that was on Regiments.org needs to be preserved.

For those interested, I came upon the original theme on another forum covering Regiments.org their archive is available in Mediafire and can be downloaded for free using this link for access http://www.mediafire.com/?213ycdmywzx

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thank-you for that information. I had often visited the Regiments.org site and like many others I was also disapponted that access to the site was blocked.

Thanks again.

Regards

Arthur

I too was very sorry to lose this tool. Regiments.org was a fantastic site. I have tried to download the files using the link above, however I can not seem to open the file. I get a browser window that opens and says address not valid. I also note I get no address bar and most of the web browser buttons are not there. I assume I have done something wrong.

Could someone assist me in getting this information?

I too was very sorry to lose this tool. Regiments.org was a fantastic site. I have tried to download the files using the link above, however I can not seem to open the file. I get a browser window that opens and says address not valid. I also note I get no address bar and most of the web browser buttons are not there. I assume I have done something wrong.

Could someone assist me in getting this information?

Hi, I have had the link checked out and it is working fine, downloads no problem, could be your Firewall, try turning it off and giving the download a shot, or it could be your internet settings, you could try restoring defaults in settings and then giving it a go, other than these two options I can't think of what else might be the problem.

Geoff