News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What Country ?

• 3 months later...

I would suggest that the uniform is Finnish. The jacket and badges are of the type worn in Finland between 1918 and 1922. Sometimes described as the 'Swedish type uniform'.

I have just adjusted my monitor and I can now see the S within a circle on the arm band. I am sure that is one of the Finnish Civil Guard arm bands

• 4 months later...

What uniform is he wearing ?

Austria ? I haven?t seen a armbadge like this before :unsure:

Christer

First Picture is Swedish volunteer 1918 in Finland. Capt. Adolf Hamilton with Winter hat. Second is another swedish volunteer Colonel Ernst Linder who is wearing "Summer Cap". I would guess both uniforms look very much like the one in Thread opener.

• 3 months later...

post-6767-1242337521.jpg

The second officer is a Major General. Finnish officers used to wear collar laces, strikingly similar to Austro-Hungarian ones. The rank is denoted by a single lion on the collar. The ribbon in the buttonhole is of the Prussian Iron Cross.