News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Zimbabwe

IVB

Nice groups :love:

It seems that the SC is of poor quality - no enamel, only painted and laquered ?

I`ve quit collecting Rhodesian/Zimbabwe stuff. Just sold my last RGSM to a KiA of the RLI at DNW July-auction.

You can`t collect everything - unfortunately :(

Greetings

eitze

SCR is actually a nice medal.... just hard to get great pictures at 75kb

Nice groups love.gif

It seems that the SC is of poor quality - no enamel, only painted and laquered ?

I`ve quit collecting Rhodesian/Zimbabwe stuff. Just sold my last RGSM to a KiA of the RLI at DNW July-auction.

You can`t collect everything - unfortunately sad.gif

Greetings

eitze

• 4 weeks later...

Would anybody have a larger size pic/scan with better definition of this,

and if so could they please post it here?

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Kevin,

Try these links from Antonio Prieto's great website on ribbons:

http://www.coleccionesmilitares.com/cintas/africa/zimbabwe1.gif

http://www.coleccionesmilitares.com/cintas/africa/zimbabwe2.gif

Hope this does the trick.

Jean-Paul

• 9 years later...

ribbons.jpg.ada033bfcc37d5c718d12dd29cb69677.jpg

Would any one be able to tell if the ribbon chart is in the order of precedence? I note there is a fair amount of variation in the order the medals in some of the photos are worn ? 

On 02/10/2008 at 16:37, IVB said:

Bronze Cross:

post-2927-1222954637.jpg

I believe that is an SCZ attached to a BCZ ribbon ? Is the BCZ not also a purple color ? 

a_bronze_zimbabw_53f76eb929983.jpg

Captain

Welcome to the GMIC and thank you for posting the ribbon chart.  I notice that at least one post on page 1 of this forum refers to someone - President Mugabe perhaps - wearing his medals in the wrong order, so my guess would be that the chart shows the correct order of precedence and that photos of the medals being worn which show a different order are due to errors by the wearers.  Not an uncommon occurrence in many countries.

I also notice a reference in a chat between 'RhodesianMilitary' and 'Shauma', also pon page 1, to the 'Zimbabwe Medal Society'.  It was apparently founded by a Keith Holshausen and the late Wing Commander Peter Cooke, founding chairman of the Zimbabwe Medal Society.  Keith is also a member of the OMSA but I suspect that if you contacted either Rhodesian Military or Shauma - click on their names on page 1- they would be happy to tell you how to join that group and perhAPS answer other questions you may have.

Peter

• 1 year later...

Zimbabwe: Medal in Defence of Zimbabwe Economic Life Line Mozambique

Circular bronze medal with integral ribbon bar bearing the emblem of the Zimbabwe National Army; the face with a circular central medallion showing a pipeline, road and rail track on a stippled ground within a ring inscribed ‘IN DEFENCE OF ZIMBABWE • ECONOMIC LIFE LINE - MOZAMBIQUE’; the reverse plain’; on original ribbon.

The Medal was instituted to recognise service in Mozambique in 1984-1985 against the pro-Western armed forces of RENAMO (Resistência Nacional Moçambicanain = Mozambican National Resistance) in defence of the vital road, railway and oil pipeline from Beira on the coast to Mutare (previously Umtali) on the Mozambican border.

The medal is very rarely seen.

I've not yet been able to discover the year of issue. (instituted).

I did notice that Megan (Medalsoftheworld) does not list this medal, must be really rare ?

Edited by Marcon1