News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DEUTSCHER SCHÜTZENBUND - LUFTGEWEHR

Hello collector friends

I got that badge but I'm not sure if this version is a pre 1945 version? Is there someone who can help? And show a complete one (below are two holes to attach something).

Many thanks :jumping:

• 6 years later...

Here's a couple of WW2 WHW stickpins used to support Deutscher Schützenverband - assume it was the forerunner of the Schützenbund first shown, there seem to be a lot of design variants, but the target feature in the design always seems prominent. I see that the Deutscher Schützenverband had a large number of different badges, strangely I've only found this thread or maybe I've been looking in the wrong places on the forum.     

Schützen 1.jpg

My Lord that is a lot of pins and badges to wear at once.  And the coat would have to be laundered from time to time....thanks for showing such an interesting photo.  Here is my Kreis Mannheim Schutzenverband fro 1936.  Still remnants of silver wash remaining.  Note the reverse with the IAB/DRL/Military style setup.  Have a good weekend  Regards Robert

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

Yes, the Schützen Konig looks a bit like a Christmas Tree - wearing his WW1 medals and shooting badges altogether. Looking through Hüskens Abzeichen catalogue, it seems both the Schützenbund and Schützenverband co-existed together at the time of the Third Reich, perhaps a member could give some information, about the differences between the two organizations. According to the catalogue the Verband had a lot more badge awards.

Here's another Hunting and Shooting badge - nicely designed Tages Abzeichen badge for the cartel for hunting and sport shooting formed by Reichsjager Meister Herman Göring. It says under the swastika-clutching eagle: “Spende, Nation, Arbeit,” (Charity, Nation, and Work). The goals of the gentleman shooters and hunters - Charity,Nation,Arbeit -.measures 29mm square. Metal 

jadg 1.jpg

jadg 2.jpg

Very nice badges. The Deutscher Schutzenbund e.V. was liquidated on December 1936 and replaced with Deutscher Schutzenverband.

The Luft Gewehr badge which started this thread was awarded for air rifle.

Here is another portrait with Deutscher Schutzenbund badge worn.

Cheers,

Larry

img131.jpg