News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Posters From The Northern Ireland "Troubles" of the 1970's

I found these today, clearing out my garage.

Posted for interest, & not for any political discussion please.

Some fertilizers were declared illegal because of chemical content - used for home made explosives:

Edited by leigh kitchen

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highland Fusiliers, an officer on the right, distinguished even in an image of this poor quality by his light coloured puttees, & thus equally as distinguishable to a sniper. For this reason many officers resorted to wearing the darker khaki shade that their men wore rather than the light beige private purchase ones..

Edited by leigh kitchen

The "culottes" the female figure is wearing were very popular in Northern Ireland in the early 1970's, they were a form of trouser worn by the Scottish pop band the Bay City Rollers, with tartan strips down the outside leg. It was supposedly possible to tell the wearers political loyalties from the colours of the tartan.