News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

Hi Paul !

It was on [perhaps still is] the Relics-of-the-Reich shop for either $2,500 or $2,750 + Shipping...

I've been able to find TeNo tunics for a little less than that & they are considered to be much

more 'collectible' - but, to each his own. If I had money to burn, then the Blue Mantel might not

seem to be such a stretch. I'd love to have it!

I'm overdue for checking in with you - will do soon. ... Best, Dave / dblmed

Hello to All and thanks for the comments.

Here's a close-up of the Clemens Wagner markings on the leather sweatband (as the Schirmmütze is brand new, I mean without any patina, the embossed markings are barely readable):

Clemens Wagner logo - CW

WIRKLICH

Stirn-und Schläfendruckfrei

D.R.P. u. D.R.G.M.

Edited by Langemark

• 5 weeks later...

TeNo Kameradschafteführer w M43 Piped Cap

This outstanding Photo was just sold on eBay today, Aug. 18,2010. The sticker

shock price was a bit too steep at 104 Euros! CONGRATS to the new owner & hope

that he / she is a WAF member. [Even though I didn't get it, I'm pleased to see that

the appreciation of the TeNo is growing.]

This photo shows a young TeNo Kameradschafteführer wearing the M43 Piped Cap.

with Silver Edge Piping [for that rank.] I am 'guessing' at the Kameradschafteführer rank,

as I see no distinctive TeNo 'pips' on his Shoulder Boards. [His youth is historically

important - as too many writers repeat the outdated lines of "old guys in the TeNo."]

We are seeing pictorially that this has proven to be incorrect.

His Right Collar Tab is black, without Numbers, signifying that he is unattached to

a specific unit - or - that he just that he is serving outside of the Reich. Buttons

are the plain type, without the distinctive TeNo Cog Wheel logo. [This helps to ID

the time-line to 1941 or later.]

This Grey TeNo Uniform was worn alongside the distinctive Police Green 1943

TeNo-Police Uniform, both until 1945. I can not ID his Ribbon Bar & Pin.

A Great Photo for our TeNo Archives! CONGRATS! ... Dave / dblmed

very interesting view of a rarely seen uniform and hat certainly expands what we can look for and confirms what we have must have been several collectors after the pic and bets are the winner has an item which this pic confirms so hope to see more from this thanks for posting this new info

PAUL

Dave/Paul & the Membership. I recently came across this work tunic (no pants) but have no clue what it is worth. Thoughts? I'm spectuating that as a work uniform they got lots of use and therefore are somewhat difficult to find..Looks to be complete. Execpt for the staining...too bad, it's an interseting piece. Thoughts about is value? LMK, Regards, Tom

Hi Tom,

Like 'paulbear' notes, to determine the value, I'd look at the "Strip Down" of the Insignia, then + the Drillich itself:

1) Technische EM/NCO Cuff Title = $ 200.00 USD on almost all sites.

2) TeNo Sleeve TAN Eagle Triangle Patch = $200.00 USD [based upon comparative 'rarity' -

as Most Blue Triangle Patches are $150 USD, & the TAN is at least a 20x - 50x Rarer Patch.

BUT, I've seen them cheaper & I've seen them higher - European Sites.]

3) So, the INSIGNIA Value is about $400 USD, IMO.

4) Now, add-in the quite rare proper TeNo Off-White Drillich Jacket for at least $200.-00 USD, if found Stripped.

5) Total IMO, would end up being $400 [insignia] + $200 [stripped Drillich] = $600.00 for ALL as you show them.

[Maybe a little less - or Maybe a little more !!!]

"IF" the Pants were present, add-in another $175 - $200 [but, unfortunately the pants are missing.

TeNo Items [except for the Dagger & Hewer / Hauer] in general are items which we Niche Collectors go after, and

a few guys who want 1 example of ALL of the TR Orgs.

There is not a lot of demand from the General TR Collectors.... Yet! ..... Best, Dave / dblmed

• 2 weeks later...

My TENO NCO Visor -- take note of the "piping" used for NCO's ...then compare the piping used on the Collar Tabs of my Officers Tunic above. I have never seen this mentioned in any of our Books and thought it should be pointed out.

I have never seen piping like that before, killer visor!

William Kramer

TeNo BLUE Mantel - Complete - 1

This type & quality TeNo Mantel doesn't come around very often! A web site recently

listed for sale. [A bit too much on the pricey side for me. I'll have to hope that

another one shows up.]

Described as per the seller: "....VERY RARE TENO OFFICER GREAT COAT.

This is a "Stone Mint" Greatcoat for an Officer of the Teno.

Dark Blue heavy wool with black rayon lining. Has all Teno embossed Aluminium Buttons

to the front and the Single button belt to the reverse. Scharfuhrer ( LTN. ) Rank collar patch

with unit X/14 collar patch. Flatwire Oficer Armeagle and corresponding bullion shoulder boards

-all insignia is originally sewn. ............This is the first one we have seen and know of NO other. ..."

Dave / dblmed

I love the cut of this mantel.

William Kramer

• 1 month later...

Hallo 'Strassburger' / Pascal !

Congratulations & Thanks for posting your TeNo Gorget !

This gorget is a seldom seen gorget & it is quite a pleasure to see it & to be able to examine it.

The construction follows what is known from the TR historical record for the TN Gorget:

• Domed 'heart shaped' construction with rebated edge;
    • 15 cogs for the central roundel;
    • 9 cogs for the 2 corner post roundels;
    • 8 rays for the central star;
    • White leather circle for the central element backing;
    • Central TeNo 'red enamel pin' for the center element;
    • Link chain type neck support;

[*] Metal type used - the original TeNo regulations specified Nickle-Silver as the metal for construction.

From your foto, it does look like Nickle-Silver to my eye, but only you can determine if it is constructed of

Nickle-Silver, or if it is made of Aluminum?

[*] The Regs. also specified the use of a Nickle-Silver chain for this gorget ...

Reverse: Is quite fascinating to see. Since the gorget is a definite Domed type - I had imagined that the

reverse would also be Domed. But, the reverse foto looks to be Flat, to my eyes? "IF" this is indeed

correct - then a 2nd metal piece would need to be attached to the reverse to make it Flat.

QUESTION: ?? Does the Reverse of the Gorget follow the DOME shape? Or, is it a FLAT surface?

[i am not able to determine this aspect when I study the fotos. Thanks!

Many Thanks for sharing your SUPER TeNo Gorget with us! ... Dave / dblmed

Hallo 'Strassburger' / Pascal !

Congratulations & Thanks for posting your TeNo Gorget !

This gorget is a seldom seen gorget & it is quite a pleasure to see it & to be able to examine it.

The construction follows what is known from the TR historical record for the TN Gorget:

• Domed 'heart shaped' construction with rebated edge;
    • 15 cogs for the central roundel;
    • 9 cogs for the 2 corner post roundels;
    • 8 rays for the central star;
    • White leather circle for the central element backing;
    • Central TeNo 'red enamel pin' for the center element;
    • Link chain type neck support;

[*] Metal type used - the original TeNo regulations specified Nickle-Silver as the metal for construction.

From your foto, it does look like Nickle-Silver to my eye, but only you can determine if it is constructed of

Nickle-Silver, or if it is made of Aluminum?

[*] The Regs. also specified the use of a Nickle-Silver chain for this gorget ...

Reverse: Is quite fascinating to see. Since the gorget is a definite Domed type - I had imagined that the

reverse would also be Domed. But, the reverse foto looks to be Flat, to my eyes? "IF" this is indeed

correct - then a 2nd metal piece would need to be attached to the reverse to make it Flat.

QUESTION: ?? Does the Reverse of the Gorget follow the DOME shape? Or, is it a FLAT surface?

[i am not able to determine this aspect when I study the fotos. Thanks!

Many Thanks for sharing your SUPER TeNo Gorget with us! ... Dave / dblmed

Hello Dave,

Think it's domed and nickel silver IMO

but unfortunately it's not mine...

P.