News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

TeNo-Police Classic Photo – 1943-1945 - Ranking of Rottwachtmeister d. TN:

[Parallelogram shaped "SS-Like" Black Collar Tabs w 2 Narrow Rows of Tresse

- & -

Shoulder Boards w 1 Wide Tresse Strip at the Base.]

Through the keen eyes of a good friend [Txs, DC!], this super photo just came my way.

The photo shows all of the Key elements of the June 1, 1943 – Kriegsend TeNo-Police Uniform ensemble:

• Tunic - Correct Police Tunic;
    • Collar Tabs – Matching Mirrored "SS-Like" Tabs
    • Shoulder Boards – TN-Police Type
    • Sleeve Eagle – BLACK TeNo-Police Eagle
    • Raute – Diamond Shaped TeNo-Police TRADITIONS Abzeichen, worn on the left lower sleeve
    • M43 Soft Billed Cap – with Police Insignia. [Of interest, the Soft Billed Cap was the same as the Police Caps; It Did Not Have the Black Piping which was used on the TeNo-Police Soft Side Cap.]

[*Pants & Boots – I am not knowledgeable regarding the date range of use.]

Txs, … Dave L / dblmed

Hi hucks216

Very, very nice TeNo award document ! Congrats!

Not many examples of TeNo documents are found !

The use of the word "TeNo" instead of either T.N. or TN. is quite a bit unusual for an official document. However, the word "TeNo" was occasionally used in pre-TR publications & TR publications. Since the KVK1 award date is so late in the war [March 17, 1945], I would image that it was one of the last ones issued from the TN [TeNo] Ortsgruppe of Sankt Ingbert. It was definitely a "hot" combat area when this award document was issued.

Some WWII historical time line information about Sankt Ingbert is listed below.

Sankt Ingbert (also St. Ingbert) is a town in the Saarpfalz district in Saarland, Germany. It is situated approx. 10 km north-east of Saarbrücken and 10 km south-west of Neunkirchen.

The Infantry Regiments [of the 63d Infantry Division] remained with their attachments until early February 1945. The rest of the division arrived at Marseilles, 14 January 1945, then moved to Willerwald on 2 February, where it was joined by the advance elements on 6 February.

On February 7th, the 63d conducted local raids and patrols, then pushed forward, crossing the Saar River on 17 February, and mopping up the enemy in Muhlen Woods.

After bitter fighting at Güdingen early in March, the division smashed at the Siegfried Line on March 15th at Saarbrücken, Germany, taking Ormesheim and finally breaching the line at Sankt Ingbert and Hassel on 20 March, 1945.

Hard still fighting lay ahead, but the Siegfried Line was Germany's last attempt to defend its prewar boundaries along the western front; this was a significant moment in the 63rd Infantry's history. Before resting on 23 March, the 63d took Spiesen-Elversberg, Neunkirchen and Erbach.

http://en.wikipedia....nited_States%29

... Txs, Dave L / dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Very wonderful items. Very impressive KVK1 document. I really wish that these had the citations with them. He must have pulled off something incredible to get that award.

Also, those Werkschutz photos are very nice and rare items as well. I always love seeing the variable insignia configurations.

TeNo Gemeinschaftsführer Board 1940/43

Here is a nice example of the sewn in type of TeNo Gemeinschaftsführer (Gf.-F.) Shoulder Board, which was officially in effect from mid 1940 – mid 1943.

However this Board continued to be worn until kriegsend by the TeNo men who wore the classic Navy-Blue [Dunkelblau] TN uniform. [There were war time supply & distribution problems, and the intended 1943 transition to the TeNo-Police uniform & new ranking configuration, were not available for all of the TeNo members.]

The metal "Pip" [in Silver or Gold] - which was used by the TeNo is unique to this organization. [There are other somewhat similar Cog pips, worn by the Kriegsmarine & the DAF, which are often confused with the TeNo Pip, especially on dealer sites.]

Thanks, …Dave L / dblmed

• 2 years later...

Great stuff Paul! Thanks for showing them.

Do these uniforms demand a hefty price when they are available? The reason I ask is that I have some really ultra rare LW tunics in my collection that went for very low prices.

Hard to imagine now, that these insignia were rejected/neglected when I started collecting (some 45 yrs ago); they cost next to nothing (no one had a clue about the organisation, branch or structure) and the obscure black/blue/grey/bottle green uniforms were rejected and tossed aside as rags. The same treat for Luftschütz, Police, RAD, DRK, Eisenbahn, and other uniformed organisations - we had so much to choose from and so much to learn, but there was no information and an overkill on caps, uniforms and (genuine) badges! Besides, prices were low, as were our wages...

Now these obscure branches are nearly impossible to find. I was lucky enough to score the only LW G-L uniform set I have EVER seen or heard of outside of period photos. Things like this were not(and maybe still not) desirable. I wonder how many of these were just tossed? It is funny how the absolute rarest of items are often among the least expensive, while the more common items are mind blowing in price.

I have been dying for a nice SHD or LSW (original) tunic!

we live now in an era of information not available even as late as the 80s. RESEARCHERS are now collecting the papers of the time with the rules and regulations and yes the forums are a great asset if used correctly. These so callled obscure units where so mainly due to their small size from the start and many of the rank and file in late war could be identified only by an arm band the uniforms being reserved for the elite ranks. Anyhow the fun of the hobby is the hunt

PAUL

• 11 months later...
    • 8 months later...

I picked up an interesting bunch of photos of TENO chaps, on a photo training mission?

They use all kinds of cameras and equipment.

Note the interesting collar patch worn in Nr.19, only leafs but no cog-wheel (similar to the collar patch of a Luftwaffe Official).

• 2 years later...

New arrival: TeNo Gruppe Luftwaffe (wearing the Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse and Lw side cap with Lw eagle and Lw belt buckle), dated 1941, left a TeNo-Scharführer and right a TeNo-Vormann.

img685.jpg

Edited by Odulf