News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

16 hours ago, Odulf said:

New arrival: TeNo Gruppe Luftwaffe (wearing the Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse and Lw side cap with Lw eagle and Lw belt buckle), dated 1941, left a TeNo-Scharführer and right a TeNo-Vormann.

img685.jpg

Nice photo.:)

Here is a TeNo Luftwaffe portrait from my collection.

Cheers,

Larry

Luftwaffe - TENO.jpg

On 8.2.2015 at 15:02, Odulf said:

HahahHaha, yes that is the present typical pose for a photographer.

But the device looks like an exposure or light meter.

Hi,

the guy opposite the one with a light meter has a small mechanical film camera. Note the crank on the side to wind up the spring mechanism that allows for about 15m of film to run through in one go.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

12 hours ago, nesredep said:

Odulf and Larry!

Stunning Photos !

Thank you very much.:)

Here is a TeNo Vormann wedding portrait. He wears the AD (Allgemeiner Dienst) patch on his left sleeve.

Cheers,

Larry

Technische Nothilfe (TeNo) Allgemeiner Dienst badge.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was given a large lot of German WWII items from the estate of a friend of mine , lots of good items and some that I question . Please let me know what you think of this Arm band . It passes the UV light test and the burn test . It a printed version and not a Bevo type arm band . All comments are welcome as I collect more kriegsmarine items than this field .

best regards

Joetauchretter 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'd feel comfortable with it in my collection. You've done good basic testing for that time frame.

Plus, the material weave is consistent with similar ones in my collection. Usually the fabric is Linen, but it can also rarely be Cotton.

You can also compare the stamp with other examples.

nice find !   dblmed / Dave

• 1 year later...

Hi Tulls here from Australia.

I hope I can add my little 2 pennies worth here.  I hope I have this in the right place if no forgive me. IMG_1600.thumb.jpg.270f58ec42cd0cd2d655c94ad4204c50.jpgI have just purchased this little gem of a tunic that I think started out as a TeNo tunic before he joined the Wehrmacht.  It all looks good to me and many others seem to agree that he was originally a TeNo.  Whilst I do not now much, about WW2 german collectables, I am happy with this.  I can see where the TeNo sleeve eagle was once on the upper right sleeve.  The sleeve rings and tress all look original to the tunic.  

I am open to comments, (hopefully all positive??)

IMG_1179.jpg

619790-2017-04-13 19.28.52.jpg

619790-2017-04-13 19.28.58.jpg

619790-2017-04-13 19.29.15.jpg

619790-2017-04-13 19.29.28.jpg

619790-2017-04-13 19.30.16.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Just for information, is it possible to find out if this person actually existed.  The shoulder boards are for a Stabsfeldwebel, in the 984 Regiment but the sleeves show him as the company Hauptfeldwebel.

Whilst I understand that Hauptfeldwebel is not actually a rank it is more a position.  He would have to be an older soldier to be a Stabsfeldwebel as well.

I guess what I am asking is, can anyone put me in the right direction to identify who he might have been1955354163_619790-2017-04-1319_29_15.jpg.2d324c50a1e817763fab3cf3b0e6b868.jpg, based on his regiment number and position within the company.

Tulls

Hi,

the Grenadierregiment was

aufgestellt am 11. Dezember 1943 in Westfrankreich für die 275. Infanterie-Division. Im Dezember 1944 bei Aachen aufgelöst.

Neu aufgestellt am 21. Dezember 1944 bei Flensburg.

Courtesy of Lexikon der Wehrmacht.

So it is unlikely that a regimental history exists. If there is no label in the tunic with his name or at least initials are in it. You´ll have a hard time finding infos on him.

GreyC

Hello Gentlemen, I registered to gain access to this particular topic. I found it a very interesting topic on a lesser know organisation. My interest specifically goes to the helmets that were worn by the TENO. A subject which I see was not touched upon in this topic.

From the few photos posted here we can see them wearing the medium duty stahlhelms without decals. (not to be confused with similar looking aluminium examples)

The only other organisation I so far have observed in period photos wearing the same type of helmets is the Sicherheitsdiensts.  They have the SS decal and the NSDAP decal on their helmets.

I have in the meantime gathered a small collection of these medium duty helmets. All of which except one have decals.

My line of thinking is that when TENO got segmented (to Polizei and Wehrmacht) their helmets received decals based on their new assignments.

Would you agree with this assessment ?

Here are some examples :

edelstahlpolizei 001.JPG

edelstahlpolizei 002.JPG

edelstahlpolizei 003.JPG

m34heer 001.JPG

m34heer 002.JPG

m34heer 003.JPG

16 hours ago, Paul R said:

Your theory makes a lot of sense.  Once enveloped with the new services, the branch would be responsible for providing equipment.  What year did this happen?

I am not really a uniform and photo guy so I my experience in dating photos is non existent ?

I have just read the Teno chapter in the Angolia book which is very detailed , including the uniforms but the helmets section is lacking the examples I posted and which are apparent in most photos even those in the book. Helmet collectors are at this point not even 100% sure on the Teno helmet decals (no decals in photos I have seen) and I have not had the opportunity to study one.

In the Angolia book up to Uniform 1936 they do not speak of helmets. Nor does he speak of them at a later stage other than that they would have worn black civil helmets with decals which is strange because all period photos in the book show apple green medium duty edelstahl helmets or Heer transitional with 2 decals.

Estimated guess on my part would be 1938/39 - as the Medium duty helmets we see with Heer decals are Always double decal. Could be 1938 also.  Why do I think this ? Because Teno moved across the border with the Heer to Austria (Anschluss) and in 1939 into Poland. It would make sense that they'd use helmets. 

Double decals were dropped for the Wehrmacht in 1940.

It is a very complicated subject to say the least but it would be great if we would find more photos. I have a post card incoming with a Teno soldier with medium duty stahlhelm. Will post it when it arrivés.

Schwerpunkt,

Ludwig Baer mentions TENO helmets in the English, single volume of his three volume helmet series in German.  On pages 330 and 331 he talks a bout ""a special protective helmet made of improved steel  (Edelstahl)), which was also  known by the name of "Thale Steel" (Thalestahl) after the city of manufacture".  There are no TENO decals on any of the helmets pictures on these pages.  He also mentions that these special helmets were worn by other organizations "rural police, field police, SS/SD, TENO, Army, Luftschutz".  On page 332 Baer shows a picture of a light weight helmet with TENO decals.  I had a quick look through Baer's three volume German helmet books and couldn't find anything on TENO helmets but perhaps I missed.  I am leaving shortly for a flight to Florida so I didn'r have time to go through Baer's books with a fine toothed comb.

Regards,

Gordon

7 hours ago, Gordon Craig said:

Schwerpunkt,

Ludwig Baer mentions TENO helmets in the English, single volume of his three volume helmet series in German.  On pages 330 and 331 he talks a bout ""a special protective helmet made of improved steel  (Edelstahl)), which was also  known by the name of "Thale Steel" (Thalestahl) after the city of manufacture".  There are no TENO decals on any of the helmets pictures on these pages.  He also mentions that these special helmets were worn by other organizations "rural police, field police, SS/SD, TENO, Army, Luftschutz".  On page 332 Baer shows a picture of a light weight helmet with TENO decals.  I had a quick look through Baer's three volume German helmet books and couldn't find anything on TENO helmets but perhaps I missed.  I am leaving shortly for a flight to Florida so I didn'r have time to go through Baer's books with a fine toothed comb.

Regards,

Gordon

Hello Gordon, thanks. I will have a friend of mine have a look at that as I do not own a copy.