News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Gustav Curtse was a very important key member / leader of the TeNo & is a well referenced and recognized TR figure.

Congrats on obtaining his special & quite nice ribbon bar as this will certainly be both an historic as well as an important part of your collection.

Best, Dave / dblmed 

Hi

,I got by a friend who is not collecting 60 WH brochures as these pictures are of photographed. Probably to get good pictures as the format is 1 meter by 60cm. Must take new pictures with my digital Nikon.

Cheer, Morten.

IMG_3018 (2).JPG

IMG_3019 (2).JPG

IMG_3023 (2).JPG

IMG_3020 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, nesredep said:

Hi

,I got by a friend who is not collecting 60 WH brochures as these pictures are of photographed. Probably to get good pictures as the format is 1 meter by 60cm. Must take new pictures with my digital Nikon.

Cheer, Morten.

IMG_3018 (2).JPG

IMG_3019 (2).JPG

IMG_3023 (2).JPG

IMG_3020 (2).JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

• 9 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Nice photo nesredep as well as quite special period photographic documentation of the Teno / TN activities.                        

The photos & printed documentation / press photos allow us to better understand the interworking of the Teno.

Photos & Photodocumentation makes it quite clear that the Teno functioned & served in:

• a) The Heimat / Greater Germany - usually wearing the classic Dunkelblau / Navy Blue uniform
    • b) The HEER - wearing Heer tunics, with Teno rank tabs & shoulder patches, and with Teno interior stamping. Often with Teno sleeve band as well, especially early war.
    • c) The Luftwaffe - wearing Luftwaffe tunics, but with Teno rank tabs & shoulder patches, and often with Teno interior stamping. 
    • d) The Navy / Kriegsmarine - ( not seen in a Navy uniform configuration photo ... Yet ). served as an "attached" unit building / refurbishing ports, locks, canals, barges and related. ( The photo above shows a Naval officer awarding the Iron Cross / EK to 3 Teno men ( dressed in Heer uniforms ) at some Naval related location.
    • e) The SS - the Teno, those predominantly outside of Greater Germany, from mid 1943 on switched over to wearing the Teno-Police uniforms, wearing nearly identical SS matched collar tabs. The Teno was attached to the SS & took orders from the chain of command, but continued to function in their prior "Technical Help" capacities.

The Teno served in essentially all of the theaters of WWII - & with all of the 4 branches of the combat arms. Rather fascinating ...              Best, Dave L / dblmed

4 hours ago, dblmed said:

Nice photo nesredep as well as quite special period photographic documentation of the Teno / TN activities.                        

The photos & printed documentation / press photos allow us to better understand the interworking of the Teno.

Photos & Photodocumentation makes it quite clear that the Teno functioned & served in:

• a) The Heimat / Greater Germany - usually wearing the classic Dunkelblau / Navy Blue uniform
    • b) The HEER - wearing Heer tunics, with Teno rank tabs & shoulder patches, and with Teno interior stamping. Often with Teno sleeve band as well, especially early war.
    • c) The Luftwaffe - wearing Luftwaffe tunics, but with Teno rank tabs & shoulder patches, and often with Teno interior stamping. 
    • d) The Navy / Kriegsmarine - ( not seen in a Navy uniform configuration photo ... Yet ). served as an "attached" unit building / refurbishing ports, locks, canals, barges and related. ( The photo above shows a Naval officer awarding the Iron Cross / EK to 3 Teno men ( dressed in Heer uniforms ) at some Naval related location.
    • e) The SS - the Teno, those predominantly outside of Greater Germany, from mid 1943 on switched over to wearing the Teno-Police uniforms, wearing nearly identical SS matched collar tabs. The Teno was attached to the SS & took orders from the chain of command, but continued to function in their prior "Technical Help" capacities.

The Teno served in essentially all of the theaters of WWII - & with all of the 4 branches of the combat arms. Rather fascinating ...              Best, Dave L / dblmed

Hello Dave!
    Thanks for the comment and very much interesting information.Good to see you are still active on the Forum!?????

Best from Norway,Morten.

• 5 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    On 15/08/2020 at 10:17, dblmed said:

A good summary , that is what I have learned delving through topics like this and some good books on the subject. I was trying to find out if the Teno stahlhelme we see without decals in photos would become decalled when they entered service with the different Heer branches.

In the meantime I did get to see a private photo I was asked not to share with Teno soldiers wearing different helmets , WW1 types and the known Edelstahl type. Only one of the +10 soldiers in the picture has a Heer decal on his typical Edelstahl TENO helmet.

• 10 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Good morning everyone, I signed up to this forum for this nice TeNo topic. I’m writing to you from Italy and I own this helmet with TeNo decal. I would like to ask you if you can please help me understand if the decal is original or a reproduction and what model of helmet it is. Maybe M35? inside it’s marked KI (or KT) 66 and 3510.
    On the other side no trace of decal...

Thanks to everyone who will support me!

DFDCF6E0-AAB1-463F-903E-0B3327F79933.jpg

1BC6CB4B-65F5-45EC-A50C-CAC8EFEAF377.jpg

9F447CAA-B37C-4E52-8F45-6FF237E4EBDC.jpg

7799F764-874D-406C-9CA4-A88346C07DF3.jpg