News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Aha! Curtze just came up when I was typing out Mecklenburg-Strelitz's WW1 award Rolls-- had no clue about his post-1918 life-- Thanks Chris !!! :jumping::cheers:

As to the Landesf?hrers and military/police rank...

YIKES !!! What a waste of time THAT was! Whoever is responsible for that list apparently decided to "translate" :speechless:TeNo ranks into military/police ones :banger: . I've been through the SS, 1941 Police, army Rank Lists, WW1 Honor Rank List, and even our award rolls work trying to match up people who were never officers except in the TeNo organization.

WRONG in red and what I could find in bold. There is NO mnetion of TeNo affiliation for the SS officers in their Seniority Lists. Let this be a Hideous Example of what relying on INCORRECT data online can do!

"I Ost

Oberst Ehrbar to 1941

Oberst Schriever

II Nord

Hermans to 1940

SS OStubaf Ernst Schilling to 4 44 (not in SS 1937 or November 1944 Lists)

Hauptbereitschaftsf?hrer Langjahr

III Mark Brandenburg

Gen Maj Josef Foroni to 1937

Gen Maj Helmuth Gerloff to 1939 [maybe Prof. Dr. Helmuth Gerloff, SS-Brigadef?hrer und Generalmajor der Polizei, 1894-?]

Oberst Schroder [schr?der?] to 22.1.43

Gen Maj Josef Foroni to 8.5.43

Oberst Schroder [schr?der?] to 1945

IV Ober-Elbe

Gen Maj Richard Burban

V S?dwest

SS Stubaf Ernst Oelker (Nov ?44 SS List: born 19.03.00)

VI Westfalen-Niederrhein

Oberst Friedrich Prussner

VII Bayern-S?d

Oberst Dull (??? Bavarian Major aD, Bav Pioneer Bn 4, August D?ll, born 1878 ???)VIII Schlesien

Berger

VIIIa Oberschlesien

Oberstleutnant Haust 1943 -1945

IX Hessen-Th?ringen

Oberstlt Hopker (??? H?pker ???)

X Nordwest

Curtze to 1942 (Major aD Pio Bn 9 Gustav Curtze)

Oberstlt Maack to 1943

Kollmeyer

XI Mitte

Schlager to 1942

Major Langjahr

XII Westmark

Gen Maj Franz Wenzel

XIII Nordbayern-Egerland

SS Stubaf Leo Meier to 1943 (born 01.03.93: Nov ?44 SS Standartenf?hrer 01.04.41 und Pol-Oberst jointly but NOT Police in '41)

SS Stubaf Hans Zimmer (Nov ?44 Leutnant dR zV, born 25.09.1891)

XVII Ostmark-Nord

Gen Maj Walter Junecke to 17.1.43

Oberst Carl Stauss to 7.44

then ???

XVIII Ostmark-S?d

Carl Stauss 1939 - 1945

XX Danzig-Westpreussen

Willibald Kamm

XXI Wartheland

Oberstlt Adalbert Schulze"

:banger:

Edited by Rick Research

Dear Rick, ..... Don't bang your head ? it is way too valuable for more great research ? we need you! Thank you for your very in-depth and informative research on these TN Landesf?hrers! The super research was Not a waste of time and many, many researchers share your frustration with regard to TN personalities.

I am a collector, and I am not a researcher, so please take what I Post regarding the TN and the Polizei / SS with "a grain of salt" because I well could be incorrect, or I may unintentionally mis-state something (pretty easily, I've found!) However, I try not to Post any comments / information, unless I have TR written documentation or TR period photographic confirmation, in order to substantiate it.

The great difficulty in researching these TN Landesf?hrers, or Chef der TN, Hans Weinreich or Willy Schmelcher, or the Stevll. Chef der TN, Siebert, is the lack of available documented historical information. It just hasn't been there to use!

However, there is HOPE, and the answers to many researcher's "data-insufficient" TN und TN/Police headaches will be answered (to a large extent) in two (2) new books due to be published in 2009:

(1). Andreas Shulz und Dieter Zinke's in their latest edition book of "Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei"

and

(2). "Volume 2 Police" Bender, by Hugh Page Taylor and Jack Angolia, which will have almost 300 pages on the TN, including the Landesf?hrers and Chefs / Stevll. Chefs der TN, for the entire known TN time frame of 1919-1945.

Regarding Landesf?hrer Walther Junecke in particular, even his Bundesarchive's file is relatively small, and is absent the majority of crucial documentation and information. Only by chance, I have been exceptionally fortunate to have recently acquired the bulk of this missing Junecke data from his family ? and which I will progressively share here on GMIS. This information has also been freely shared with Herr Shulz, Herr Zinke and Hugh Page Taylor, and a number of Landesf?hrer W. Junecke documents / items will appear in those upcoming texts.

The 'Key' to linking TN personalities to their Polizei ranks is certainly previously not well known or well documented to date. Yes, the collecting community 'knew something' that the TN became an official 'hilfsorgan' of Himmler's Polizei in 1937. However, it was not well known, or understood, that in late 1941 / primarily into 1942, that the TN was Fully incorporated into the Polizei, essentially answering to ORPO ? at first side-by-side, and then later as a subordinate. High ranking TN officers were 'awarded' Polizei ranking, to cement the tie-in to the Police. The 2 Chefs der TN (Weinreich and Schmelcher) also held the concurrent ranks of SS Gruppenf?hrer and GenLt. der Polizei.

Rick, therefore your super research on the Landesf?hrers, including your review of the 1941 rolls, could not have contained this information, since the TN - Polizei rank transition took place later on!!! My 'guess' is that what you have highlighted in RED, probably reflects Polizei ranks awarded after 1941? (It does, in the case of W. Junecke.)

OK, now for some fun NEW information / photos regarding TN Landesf?hrers and their Polizei ranks. (A sneak preview into very recent information & new information which will be in the 2 new books of 2009, some from my collection and some from others, as will be noted.) ......Txs, Dave/dblmed

? Photo of GeneralMajor der Polizei, Walther Junecke late 1943/44 (orig. posted on Axishistory.com in Sept, 2008). He is the officer to the LEFT.

Edited by dblmed

? Photo of GeneralMajor der Polizei, Walther Junecke late 1944

Other information on Junecke can be found here:

"...There is a nearly complete bio of the Char. Generalmajor der Polizei Walter Junecke with a

picture in the second (2nd) volume and supplements in the addendum of the third volume of

"Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei" by Andreas Schulz and myself (Dr. Dieter Zinke)."

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=116411

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php...9&p=1193509

Photo from my collection. ..... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

This previously unknown 3.10.1944 letter, on Der Cher Technischen Nothilfe letterhead paper,

is from the Stevll Chef der TN, Siebert (who was concurrently Generalleutnant d. Pol.)

- to -

Landesf?hrer der TN. und Generalmajor d. Polizei, Walther Junecke.

This document shows the complex interconnection of TN high officers, who also held rank in the Polizei.

(Personal Collection - Previously Unpublished) .... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

? Biographical Information Walther Carl Junecke (& relative to Polizei ranks)

Generalmajor der Polizei

* 22.06.1894 Calbe/Saale ? 08.10.1957 Berlin

Eintritt ins Heer:..............................11.07.1915

Entlassen:.......................................28.03.1919

Eintritt in die TN:..............................01.12.1922

Eintritt in die SA-R.:..........................00.04.1935

Austritt aus der SA-R.:......................00.10.1936

?bernahme in die Luftwaffen-Reserve:.25.08.1936

Eintritt in den Staatsdienst (Polizei):....12.03.1941

(m.W.v...............................................01.01.1941)

i. R.:...................................................31.03.1945

? 15.03.1941 mit Wirkung vom 01.01.1941 in eine Planstelle der Besoldungsgruppe A 1 a Untergruppe (Oberst der Schutzpolizei) eingewiesen

? 17.01.1943 - 31.08.1943 zugleich Chef des Stabes im Reichsamt Technische Nothilfe (RATN)

? 24.05.1943 erh?lt mit Wirkung vom 20.04.1943 das Recht zur F?hrung des Dienstgrades eines Obersten der Schutzpolizei und zum Tragen der entsprechenden Dienstgradabzeichen

? 24.12.1943 versichert dem H?heren SS- und Polizeif?hrer Donau in Wien, SS-Obergruppenf?hrer Rudolf Querner, ?dass von Seiten der Technischen Nothilfe alles getan wird, um trotz des Personalmangels des f?nften Kriegsjahres den gestellten Anforderungen gerecht zu werden"

? 25.09.1944 mit Wirkung vom 01.10.1944 als Oberst der Schutzpolizei in die Schutzpolizei des Reiches versetzt unter Hinausschiebung der Altersgrenze bis zu seinem 60. Geburtstag: ?Sie f?hren nach wie vor die Bezeichnung `Generalmajor der Polizei?"

? Signed Photo in Police 'Summer White' Uniform - Generalmajor der Polizei Walther Junecke ?

(Personal Collection, Previously Unpublished Photo.) ...... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Wonderful research, very detailed! It was my understanding too that the TeNo ranks were eventually turned into Polizei ranks. I looked for these Generals and Obersten everywhere in the usual lists and nearly got crazy not being able to find them. :banger:

So it's very good we now know more about this neglected branch of service! :beer: It also helps to find out more about the post-WW1 careers of a number of officers! :cheers:

Chris

Guest Rick Research

That's very interesting! :cheers: Also... bizarre.

Junecke--and his colleagues-- do NOT appear in the 1 September 1941 SchuPo and Gendarmerie Majors up Seniority List

which suggests either

1) some sort of RETROACTIVE back dated seniority (common in the Imperial army, with Leutnant "Patent" dates granted BEFORE even joining the army) or

2) a clear--but unfortunately for us, not INDICATED--Official Distinction between "real" police officers and these wartime hybrids.

"?That's very interesting! Also... bizarre. Junecke--and his colleagues-- do NOT appear in the 1 September 1941 SchuPo and Gendarmerie Majors up Seniority List which suggests either:

1) some sort of RETROACTIVE back dated seniority (common in the Imperial army, with Leutnant "Patent" dates granted BEFORE even joining the army)?"

? Yes, this 'back dating' was definitely the case with Chef der TN, (originally titled Reichsf?hrer der TN 1933-1937) Hans Weinreich, whose SS rank was dated some years before he actually was awarded SS rank. This may well be the case with the TN Landesf?hrers also. (Perhaps later, 1942 on, Polizei Rank lists will show these TN Officers listed?)

or

"2) a clear--but unfortunately for us, not INDICATED--Official Distinction between "real" police officers and these wartime hybrids."

Yes ? this is another part of the mystique of the TN, in seeking a better understanding their key role in the German war machine.

The TN was very special, and it held some sort of unique distinction, in the eyes of Himmler, IMO, as the:

? a) TN was the ONLY organization awarded the right to wear the matching double black collar tabs (SS 'like'), but without runes (1943-1945). (Even though the Fire Police were initially 'authorized' to do same, the orders were rescinded.)

? b) TN uniform (for use of the TN outside of the Reich) per 1943-45 regulations, was to wear the police green uniform, with standard police officer sleeve eagle or the rare black NCO/EM TN-Police only sleeve eagle, and special diamond cog-wheel Raute on the left lower sleeve.

? c) TN high officers (inside of the Reich) were awarded proportionate high ranks in the Polizei (generally 1942, onward), while continuing to hold TN rank (and also SS rank, in the instance of the Chef der TN).

All of the above, and much more, makes studying the TN (and starting to learn WHY? these unique things happened) and seeking to unravel the TN history all that much more interesting for collectors and historians! (It captured my fascination a number of years ago ? and just won't let go!)

(Below, is one of Robert Noss' superb photos regarding the TN. (as RN posted the photo on the GDC, Police Uniform Thread, under TeNo Insignia, 2007.)

? TeNo-Police, 2 Officers and Sr. NCO (Meister) in the 1943-45 TN-Police Uniform. (Aluminum wire sleeve eagle w black swastika ? for Officers, & Black TN-Police sleeve eagle for NCO/EM. Plus, this photo shows the unique TN-Police 'traditions' symbol, the diamond shaped black TN Cog-Wheel, sleeve raute, on the left lower sleeve. ....... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO DAVID !!! ?.finally get to meet up with you on a GREAT Forum ( as you?ve already seen)

Gents ?I just wanted to make sure you all knew that because of Dave , the TENO section in Vol 2 of the German Police will be the most comprehensive work ever done on the TN . Hugh Page Taylor and Jack Angolia both told me that Dave kept supplying them with so much material that in the end , Hugh said they actually could have done a Book on the TENO alone.

Collectors worldwide who had an interest in this group were brought together by Dave ?many rare items came to light that would have otherwise never been shared with our Community. I just wanted to make sure his dedication to documenting History was recognized here .

Thanks for all your hard work Dave

Mike ... Many Thanks to you, and to all of the "TeNo Net Buddies" who graciously contributed the many fantastic TeNo / TN items which will be discussed in the 300+ pages of the TN Chapter of "Vol. 2 Police." What an outstanding result can be obtained when the publisher (Bender) and the authors (Jack Angolia & Hugh Page Tayor) take the time to seek out input from the collecting community at large. Then, they interrelated the vaious TeNo / TN items from collectors with what was uncovered from their extensive research of period TN documents, papers, publications, Bundesarchives, and photos. I too am looking very forward to seeing the final book!

Mike - your fantastic TeNo Uniform w Dated Honor Cuff and Visor sure would look GREAT on this thread!!!!!

Plus, you must have the most in-depth TeNo Ausweis and rare TN Soldbuch collection that exists!

Paulbear "...question, I just picked up my third enamelled pin and am now wondering if anyone has ever found a list yet to relate the numbers to a name..."

.....The short answer is NO, unfortunately, as the missing lists have not been found.

The TeNo/TN Enamel Pins are quite exciting themselves as they come in a 'variety' of submodels.

TN Enamel Lapel / Stick Pins - are found as

• Translucent Enamel (as Don Scowen aptly named them) - felt to be the earlier models
    • Opaque Enamel - more common, various color shades orange-red to red
    • Numbered (into the high 100,000's - I haven't seen a 200,xxx numbered one, but they could exist.)
    • Non Numbered - less common
    TN Enamel Membership Pins - (with a transverse 'Safety Catch' attachment - NO 'Stick' / Nadel present)

• Translucent Enamel - also felt to be the earlier models
    • Opaque Enamel - more common, various color shades orange-red to red
    • Numbered - essentially "ALL" have an 'A' marking (supposedly, only about 60,000 of this model was authorized)
    • Non Numbered - less common
    Why the larger number of TN ENAMEL Lapel / Stick Pins vs. small number of TN ENAMEL Membership pin?

Is not known, but perhaps research regarding them in "VOL 2 Police" will answer some of these questions

TeNo Rank Chart: 1940-1943 I located this nice TR Period MERKBUCH fur NOTHELFER, which is a 32 page small ?Pocket? booklet (4" X 5 3/4" size) and seems to be much like the "Soldier?s Friend" booklets of the HEER and LUFT.

There are sections on the history of the Technische Nothilfe; what is expected of a TN-Mann, etc.; Tables of Units of Weight & Measurements? and a TN Rank Chart, which is most interesting.

The Date of Publication is not shown, but there is a reference to 10.11.1940, so we know the approximate dating. The Publisher is Verlag: Fritz Otto Kohler, Berlin. Druck: Ernst Segnitz, Berlin.

Shown as Folded Open ? Front & Rear Covers ?.Txs, Dave / dblmed

MERKBUCH fur NOTHELFER with TeNo Rank Chart - 1940-1943

The Date of Publication is not shown, but there is a reference to 10.11.1940, so we know the approximate dating.

The shown TeNo Ranks match up with the April, 1940 ? May 19, 1943 Known Ranks. Also refer to "Defending the Reich" page 499, et al.

Shown as Folded Open ? Pages 16 & 17 ?.Txs, Dave / dblmed

TeNo / TN Class at TN Reichsschule at Belzig (About 1935-36)

This is a nice early years TN Uniform Study from 1933-36, of a 'Class' of TeNo men - some wearing the Drillich Uniform of that time. (Also blue and light green TN Drillich are known to have been used.) The handwritten numbers seen over individuals, correspond with their Names, written on the back of the Photo. .... Txs, Dave / dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Here is an enlargement of a section of the above TeNo / TN Class Photo (but unfortunately with the subsequent loss of the photo detail.) What is remarkable about this photo is:

1. All Officers (except the seated one), and all NCO's have blank right collar tabs / patches (this is felt to have designated either a special assignment, or unassigned. Here, it would be for a special assignment at the Reichsschule Belzig.)
    2. Officers and men wear the square TN Armschreibe, which pre-dated the 1937 TN Eagle Triangle left sleeve patch.
    3. Officers / NCO's have the single right shoulder board - so the mid 1936 uniform change is not reflected.)
    4. Visors have the familar TeNo eagle and Laural Cockarde, which was introduced in late 1935.
    5. Belt Buckles - the TN seems not to have stuck to the 'Officers vs. Men' distinction of the rectangular belt buckles. (Regulations noted that the Officer's buckle was the larger size. Yet, it is easy to see the mixture of buckles here also.)
    6. The TN White Drillich is classically a '2 buttons/upper pockets' - yet here, you clearly see only 1 button / pocket. (Since the vast majority of photos show the 2 button model, this is presumed to have been an earlier 'model' of the white Drillich.)

It is a fascinating photo which provides collectors & historians with a group of interesting 'small things' which tell us more about the Technische Nothilfe. ..... Txs, Dave / dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Yes Paul, I agree with your assessment:

RE: "I would expect there to be groups of these men in every city or village that had electrical or gas service."

Different sources give the number of 2,500 - 3,000 TN Ortsgruppen - so these individual TN units were widely dispursed, however often with 3-4+ Ortsgruppen in major cities.

Any idea as to the force strength of these TN men?

For the WWII era, sources give the TN strength as about 150,000 men at the onset, 1939. (There were also an number of TN women members, Nothelferin, in the pre-TR organization. It is believed, but not yet proven, that TN Nothelferin were also present in the TR, certainly at the Headquarters in Berlin [RATN], and probably serving elsewhere as well.)

IMO, that number probably even increased until mid 1941 (due to the TeNo's involvement in Poland, Norway, the low countries & France. (Photos show that these TN Einsatztruppen were young men (20's), & TN officers NCO's in their 30's and 40's.)

Then, in mid 1941, when the HEER initiated their innovative Technische Truppen program, TeNo / TN men were rapidly siphoned off into the HEER (Whole units at a time!). In fact the Technische Truppen were started & commanded by Gen. Erich Hampe (the prior #2 TN leader, the Sellv. Chef der TN) who had been transferred to the Army specifically to build this Technical Command program. Plus, the LUFT was, and had been, drafting TN men for technical duties at air fields, etc. (and the Kriegsmarine got a TN contingent as well.)

The Net result was that the number of TN men serving "inside of the Reich" certainly dropped during the war years (after mid 1941.) But, the unanswered question, is how many TN men in ALL, participated in WWII.

Why are the TN uniforms so rare?? I have wondered about that also, and have my 'theories' on it. What I believe is that:

1. New or replacement clothing was not available in post WWII Germany, for a number of years, and people had to 'make do' with what they had left to wear (a great deal of it being Ex-Military, of one sort or another - so they improvised).
    2. ?
    3. TN dunkelblau Tunic uniforms look a lot like a very nice wool Navy Blue Blazer. So, if the TN insignia & TN buttons are removed - then the post WWII wearer of the 'recycled TN coat' had a presentable garment to wear. (So these were used, then discarded when 'worn out' IMO.) ... I'm aware of 6-7 TN Tunics in the US, (so there must be more!) and ? are still in Germany.
    4. ?
    5. TN Drillich (working uniforms) were basic colors White, Blue, and Light Green - with only a TN eagle on the left sleeve (and rarely a TN cuff title) - so these could be converted easily to post WWII wear, with minimal difficulty. (So these were used, then discarded when 'worn out' IMO.) .... I'm aware of a couple of the White & Blue Drillich, & 1 Light Green in the US, so again there are probaly more. Interestingly, these are in barely worn, or unissued condition - so they were tucked away in a warehouse somewhere. and and ? are still in Germany.
    6. ?
    7. TN Field-Grey & Police Green uniforms would present a much more difficult 'private use' conversion - but probably some of this was done also, with stripping off the TN/TR identification. (This accounts for 'WHY' these 2 TN uniform types are the 'rarest' of all of the TN uniforms to find, IMO). ..... I am not aware of ANY TN Field-Grey tunics in collections; I aware of only 2 TN-Police 1943-45 Tunics in US collections - again, ? are still in Germany.
    8. ?
    9. TN Visors and Side Caps survived at an exponentially greater rate, than did the TN uniforms. WHY? Visors & Caps were much more difficult to convert to 'civilian' use - and were thus saved and put away (thankfully for us as collectors.)
    But, fortunately, some of these various TN uniform types do still exist in collections. I believe (IMHO) that there are still quite a number of TN uniforms in Germany. They are in households, as well as in German TR collections which can not be as 'open' on the NET as US / Other collectors, due to German rules regarding the displaying of the Swastika. All of this is just IMO, as someone who collects the TN / TeNo specifically. I looked for nearly 10 years prior to finding my 1 Dunkelblau TN Tunic. But, a great part of the enjoyment of collecting is learning about the various TR organizations, and then 'hoping' to find examples of their items! ...Txs, Dave / dblmed Edited by dblmed

I think Dave is on target with this ?just how rare TENO Uniforms are is obvious when we compare how many more Political ,RAD ,HJ ,SA and even SS Tunics we see in today?s collections . I discussed this with a German Veteran I met once and he said that since many of the TENO were electricians ,engineers , technicians ?after the War they were all looking for work and many stripped their Tunics (or burned items) since they didn?t want any NS connection in their homes. I told him that didn?t make sense since there would still be a paper trail and files proving membership were available to the Allies. He said people feared having their homes searched by the Allies and thought it better to ?clean house?.

I also wonder how many TENO teams saw and worked on KZ Lager related projects like ?Zement? (Mauthausen) (http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/camps/gusen/gu20101x.htm )

The average German Civilian would never see or know about those projects .And unless they were Party hard liners ?I?m sure that what they saw would ?sour? many TENO members opinions of the regime they were working for ?..might also give them less incentive to save their Uniforms and ?regalia?.

In ?45 we saw RAD. HJ and many Volkssturm units fighting in the streets ?I?ve yet to see a TENO Volkssturm Unit. In the end , I have a feeling they knew the score ..

Mike.... You know the TR history in greater depth than 99% of us, and you have a world class collection of just about every Uniformed component of the TR. Plus, we haven't even dug into your fantastic TR document's collection, which includes TeNo Soldbuchs, F?hrer and Unterf?hrer Ausweis, Member (Mitglied) Ausweis - as far back as from the start of the TN in 1919 and only you know what else.

"I also wonder how many TENO teams saw and worked on KZ Lager related projects like "Zement" (Mauthausen)" (http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/camps/gusen/gu20101x.htm )

I'll have to check this Web Link out, as I know that one of your TN Soldbuchs references a TN Lager adjacent to KZ Lager Mauthausen. I imagine that some of the TN men, as technicians, got pulled into this system as well. Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

My TENO NCO Visor -- take note of the "piping" used for NCO's ...then compare the piping used on the Collar Tabs of my Officers Tunic above. I have never seen this mentioned in any of our Books and thought it should be pointed out.

My TENO NCO Visor -- take note of the "piping" used for NCO's ...then compare the piping used on the Collar Tabs of my Officers Tunic above. I have never seen this mentioned in any of our Books and thought it should be pointed out.

Hello!

Beautiful Visor,any marker label inside? :cheers:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

Mike.... You know the TR history in greater depth than 99% of us, and you have a world class collection of just about every Uniformed component of the TR. Plus, we haven't even dug into your fantastic TR document's collection, which includes TeNo Soldbuchs, F?hrer and Unterf?hrer Ausweis, Member (Mitglied) Ausweis - as far back as from the start of the TN in 1919 and only you know what else.

"I also wonder how many TENO teams saw and worked on KZ Lager related projects like "Zement" (Mauthausen)" (http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/camps/gusen/gu20101x.htm )

I'll have to check this Web Link out, as I know that one of your TN Soldbuchs references a TN Lager adjacent to KZ Lager Mauthausen. I imagine that some of the TN men, as technicians, got pulled into this system as well. Txs, Dave/dblmed

Thanks for the vote of confidence here Dave but ?I wouldn?t hit the 99% mark unless I lived 5 more lives. :shame:

:blush:

Another thing to keep in mind ?imagine how many TENO uniforms were stripped or cast aside by Collectors back in the 60?s and even 70?s. We knew very little about the TENO. So like everything else , if we didn?t understand it ..how could a value on its ?regalia? be set ? I think this new Book will be a turning point since now Collectors will be able to learn more about who and what they were ?and their role in the War.