News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An unusual combination of medals

I hope that one day we find out where the full size medals are housed. I also hope that they are all together in a safe place.

Brett

I agree. It will be a real shame if that group was broken up into smaller and single pieces. That would be a sin to put it mildly.

Regards

Norman

I don't have a copy of Owen's roll, but I will try and locate one.

Brett

Almost forgot. There is a Owen's Korea roll for sale on Colin's online militaria site. The address is www.southafricanmilitaria.com. If the adress does not work just google south african militaria. The price if i remember correct was $25.00, not sure what the R price will be.

Regards

Norman

• 12 years later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    On 25/02/2009 at 14:34, Brett Hendey said:

Hi Chris & Norman

Thanks for your comments. I hope that one day we find out where the full size medals are housed. I also hope that they are all together in a safe place.

Brett

Hi, just noticed this thread tonight.

While it is subject to confirmation, I have understood that SVB Theron's full size group is in the USA and is held by the American Smithsonian. I was following up on it at one stage and had spoken to a number of people in the search. Apparently one of his children had emigrated there and subsequently donated it to the museum. Perhaps someone on that side of the world will be in a better position to confirm this to be the case...

Hi, Out of interest I thought it would be interesting to post a picture of the group of medals awarded to Lt. General Bob Rogers......Perhaps one day..!!!!! 484881725_BobRogers.thumb.JPG.5a9b57e7fae334b128c37052fa618346.JPG

Edited by gavinmedals